Noisy throwout bearing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

x2 on this. They were pretty much useless when I had some questions about brake rebuild kits.
Yeah, the ladies that answer the phone are nice enough but they have zero technical knowledge. Not sure who dropped the ball as far as calling me back with answers, but from what the OP said it would have been bad info anyway. I'll be doing business with Spector Offroad from now on. They're the complete opposite experience, and they're a 90 minute motorcycle ride from my house. Doesn't hurt that I get to drool all over these beauties on the way to the parts counter.
IMG_20191010_123530.jpg

I thought Aisin is Toyota OEM?

So just a quick update for everyone. I did hear back from Mike at Cruiser Corps and he was more than fair. He said he was not aware of the bearing change in the clutch kit and immediately gave me a refund, which I thought was reasonable. I explained my plan of changing out the slave cylinder and he said to let him know if that changed anything. So I got the new slave cylinder on today and it worked. It now holds the bearing up tight against the clutch fingers and it spins without squealing. So apparently a working slave cylinder is key and they are self-adjusting enough to compensate for the thinner bearing.

I found this thread pretty helpful while trying to find out what is the rattle coming from my transmission, the short video below shows the TO bearing in the pressure plate fingers. Looks like the Aisin one on previous posts that was a poor fit. I might as well replace the whole clutch and bearings.

Another cause of a squealing throw out bearing is if the bearing has been fitted back to front onto the clutch hub.
The photo in post #5 comparing an old throw out bearing to the new one shows the NEW bearing upside down in relation to the old one.
Same goes for the bearing in the rock auto advert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom