No more Ironman, what now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had decided on the Ironman 2" constant load lift after lots of research, but now that they are no longer selling in NA, what's my next best option? OME? I only want 2-3" of lift, and will be fabbing my own front/rear bumpers, sliders, rear drawers, and maybe a fridge in the future. I currently have a aluminum roof rack, dual batteries, and 315 BFG all terrains. My truck is a daily driver about 3 miles one way, and is used for occasional light towing, camping, and off road parks a few times a year.

TJM progressives are not a good idea if you have a heavy rig.

Ask me how I know how ;)

My OME mediums are great, I have medium rear/heavy front. netted 3" lift without armor, drives and handles like a truck, no cadillac :) but not too harsh... and loaded down the springs handle the weight well...about 500-600 lbs, not constant weight..,

Sorry for the offtopic, but what happened with Ironman?

My OME mediums are great, I have medium rear/heavy front. netted 3" lift without armor, drives and handles like a truck, no cadillac :) but not too harsh... and loaded down the springs handle the weight well...about 500-600 lbs, not constant weight..,

I'll weigh in so I can justify a partial thread jack. I have the OME "stock height replacement" and wish I had gone with the 2.5" mediums. TN80, why did you go with the medium/heavy if you're not running armor? Are you running heavy bumpers?

My plan this spring is to switch to the OME 2.5" lift and add the Slee spring spacers for a little less than 3.5" overall lift (+ what I get from 33" tires).

OP, I haven't run TJMs but have only heard mixed reviews. IMO, it's a matter of what you intend to do with the rig. I have heard - but cannot verify - that the TJMs are "lighter duty" than OMEs but it may simply be the OME propaganda machine spinning that tale. Interested in the discussion as I will be adding lift before fall.

No more Ironman? Says who? Since when? I just got my 2" ironman springs from Camel Offroad less then 3 weeks ago...

Sent from my iPhone

Ironman is still around.. They moved or are moving to the west coast.. Just talked to Eli a couple weeks ago... I believe the site is not up and ruining yet but it will be ironman4x4na.com instead of camel4x4.com

"Ironman is unfortunately no long longer available in the US market as of January 31st 2014.". This is what Sierra Expeditions told me when I emailed them yesterday. They have no lifts listed and Camel 4x4 is down for maintainenance. Idk what's going on.

I emailed Ironman for clarification.

OP, I haven't run TJMs but have only heard mixed reviews. IMO, it's a matter of what you intend to do with the rig. I have heard - but cannot verify - that the TJMs are "lighter duty" than OMEs but it may simply be the OME propaganda machine spinning that tale. Interested in the discussion as I will be adding lift before fall.

I can give you the low-down on the TJM progressives on a loaded rig.

Following are some pics the morning after a tough trail ride without swaybars. I think the extra compression the removal of the swaybars had contributed to the spring almost failing. It's "better" now, but you can still tell a slight DS lean.

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

I have the OME "stock height replacement" and wish I had gone with the 2.5" mediums. TN80, why did you go with the medium/heavy if you're not running armor? Are you running heavy bumpers?

My plan this spring is to switch to the OME 2.5" lift and add the Slee spring spacers for a little less than 3.5" overall lift (+ what I get from 33" tires).

I run the same OME 850/860 springs. Heavy front, medium rear. This gives me a level stance. I've installed a winch in my stock front bumper, and usually run around with the 3rd row removed.

IMO, skip the front spacers and just go with heavy front springs because heavy springs are the same as mediums + 20mm spacer. You buy less parts, have slightly less complexity and simpler installation.

In fact, OME front medium, heavy, and "J" springs all have the same rate, but are different length. Rear springs are all different rates and lengths.

OME 850/860 is the maximum 'value' point for a lift. Get the most lift you can, without worrying about front driveline vibrations or whatnot. Just install the springs with the dampers of your choice, and do a bit of caster correction.

Ok, ironman is out.. Just spoke to Eli

WTF!? I just bought coils and shocks a few months ago and was saving my pennies and waiting on a sale for a deluxe bull bar. That news sucks.

Did he say what the problem was/is? Seemed to me like they were gaining market share.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Crap! I need to order some of their shocks. N73/74's are too harsh with my Ironman springs. Crap!

TRDparts4u might still have some in stock. I think I just saw some on their website while I was looking for bull bars.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Hey Guys,

Really should have checked in here earlier as it seems there is a lot of confusion as to the future of Ironman 4x4 in the US and North America.

We aren't leaving the US! We are currently going through a restructuring of our North American operation, and during this time our stocks are going to be tighter, but I can assure you we plan to stay in the US and continue to sell our products to you!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll do my best to answer any questions you have. (I'm located in Australia so there will likely be delays in me replying).

Cheers,

Matt
Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator
Ironman 4x4

From another toyota forum posted a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom