No longer - Disappointed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you checked to see if your cabin filter is wet when this happens? I had water leaking through cowl and into the filter intake and thus down onto wiring harnesses on the passenger side. My seat heaters were on as a result. Replaced cowl and fab’d up a cover like others in this thread shows. No problems since.

Water in Passenger Footwell - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/water-in-passenger-footwell.1283532/page-3#post-14432979

Great idea! When I get it back I will check, although it may have already dried up.

I really appreciate everyone’s input and advice throughout this adventure here. Hopefully I will have the truck back this week!

If not, it’s 74 Corolla weather anyways!

Last edited:
Got the truck back today, sure enough there was a leak dumping water on all of the electronics. Very glad it dried out.

I cant express my gratefulness enough for all the help received here!

Got the truck back today, sure enough there was a leak dumping water on all of the electronics. Very glad it dried out.

I cant express my gratefulness enough for all the help received here!

Where exactly was the leak and what was the remedy? Glad to hear that it has been fixed.

Where exactly was the leak and what was the remedy? Glad to hear that it has been fixed.
They actually said there was a leak in the roof rack, and one of the bolts was loose. Water was running down the pillar and behind the dash. I am going to check my sun roof drains just in case they got it wrong.

Everything ended up drying out over the last few days. They were going to close everything up, but I asked them to place those absorbent packs in there, which they did.

Hopefully we’re home free.

Finally getting the rolla out and about, hopefully the cruiser goes this long!

F9956B4E-A3C1-4859-AAC2-D49C75AE337D.jpeg

They actually said there was a leak in the roof rack, and one of the bolts was loose. Water was running down the pillar and behind the dash. I am going to check my sun roof drains just in case they got it wrong.

Everything ended up drying out over the last few days. They were going to close everything up, but I asked them to place those absorbent packs in there, which they did.

Hopefully we’re home free.

Do you have an aftermarket roof rack? Or did a stock bolt come loose?

Do you have an aftermarket roof rack? Or did a stock bolt come loose?
It is the stock roof rack, I’ve noticed several clues (spray paint, half assed headlight wiring, etc.) that make me believe the PO goofed around with the roof rack and maybe didn’t put it back together correctly.

When I bought the vehicle I knew I’d have some buttoning up to do, but not like this hahahaha.

Runs like a dream now… a dry one.

Back to the original topic of this thread, smart key systems and immobilizers.

This weekend we took a trip to the ocean, my key fob broke off and will now be part of a kids sandcastle, leaving me with just the emergency physical key. What should be a quick and easy replacement key pairing process, has become another mess do to more immobilizer codes:

B2289
B2784
B278A

Let’s see what happens this time!

Still covered by the dealers repair warranty!

Holy cow, sorry to hear the bad news.

How did a simple immobilizer issue turn into replacing 3 of the main wiring harnesses? If it’s a corrosion problem, I would find an independent shop to simply replace the corroded bits. (Or ask the dealership if they would be willing to).

I would be hesitant to have them replace the wiring harnesses as they will never be able to get all the interior parts back together without causing various rattles and squeaks. Not to even mention the asinine price.

Holy cow, sorry to hear the bad news.

How did a simple immobilizer issue turn into replacing 3 of the main wiring harnesses? If it’s a corrosion problem, I would find an independent shop to simply replace the corroded bits. (Or ask the dealership if they would be willing to).

I would be hesitant to have them replace the wiring harnesses as they will never be able to get all the interior parts back together without causing various rattles and squeaks. Not to even mention the asinine price.
Who knows, this is probably its 5th time back with a smart key issue. What frustrates me is the first thing I asked them to do is check the wiring. Hopefully the dealership will be willing to re-pin the connectors/splice wires, otherwise it’s going to a independent shop for sure.

They’ve already had the entire dash out in one of the previous repairs, at this point I just want the truck either fixed, or out of my possession… but not for 20 grand.

Hopefully this is the end of the wiring demons, but it never is!

I bought the truck for $40,000, if I put in another 20 i could have just bought a 13+

Oh well!

Save your 20k to put down on the new LC250

Save your 20k to put down on the new LC250
That was my first thought, even if the new cruiser comes out and is problematic, it will still be less of a pain in the ass than this…

I wonder if they’d consider trading my 09 in its current condition hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom