No floor AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2004 LC, I bought it from a friend of mine a few months ago. I live in Austin and put the climate control to the floor today on the way home from San Antonio, nothing blew on my feet? Am I missing something? The blower was blowing but not a breath of air except from the nut blower. Are there no floor vents?

Thanks

Thanks bkgee, that was the easiest fix ever. I looked down there once before but not very thoroughly, this time I found the vents and it is blowing like a champ now.

Ditto on the above. My lower blower vent on the drivers side all of a sudden had no airflow.
Looked under there and the carpet had covered the air outlet. I'm not sure how it got folded up and covered the vent, but hey, I'm all for a free fix.

I'm having the same problem- but not due to carpets. It appears that the damper that directs air flow to the feet is stuck. Works as it should directing to defrost and upper vents.

The air outlet servo motor is working fine, but the lever to the lower damper is disconnected. I am unable to move it by hand. Should it move freely if it is disconnected from the motor? I plan to reattach the actuator arm tomorrow and see if it just works, but it seems weird that I cannot open it manually.

Any suggestions?

I assume if I get the foot vents working up front, it will also direct flow to the rear vents under the front seats. Those are not flowing either.

I am having a similar issue. My 2002 with Nav MFD has to get all the warmed up before heat kicks on... Sometimes 5-10 minutes... then all the sudden it sounds like a raccoon is scratching in the center of the dash trying to get out then the heat kick on...
Any idea what that's all about?

Edit 6/16/22: My cooling system was low on coolant. I topped off the antifreeze and everything started working like it should. Ended up being a leaky radiator.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem- but not due to carpets. It appears that the damper that directs air flow to the feet is stuck. Works as it should directing to defrost and upper vents.

The air outlet servo motor is working fine, but the lever to the lower damper is disconnected. I am unable to move it by hand. Should it move freely if it is disconnected from the motor? I plan to reattach the actuator arm tomorrow and see if it just works, but it seems weird that I cannot open it manually.

Any suggestions?

I assume if I get the foot vents working up front, it will also direct flow to the rear vents under the front seats. Those are not flowing either.
I have the same issue. What was the outcome of this?

My actuator arm from the servo to the floor damper was unhooked.

I simply put it back on. It is only a plastic press fit under the neoprene washer. There is enough give on both of the arms to put it back on with out removing the JIS screw at the servo arm. I removed the plastic knee panel, the metal plate behind it and the air duct to get to this.

Your servo arm to floor damper arm should look like this pic. This was taken after I reconnected it.

I also ran the AC diagnostics and servo checks and they resulted in no codes.
(Hold Auto and Recirc/Fresh buttons down while turning ignition ON.
Look for codes in temperature display then press recirc/fresh button and it will cycle all the servos. Then press OFF to exit diagnostics).

Hope this helps someone in the future.
828404A9-2EA9-4BA0-9D91-EDCE0C35E244.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom