Got my 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a few months of researching this forum, and daily searching the net for sales, I flew to Phoenix and drove home my new 100. Many thanks to this forum for the education! I will be here a long time watching and learning more, even though my plans are relatively modest for this truck.

2001, 120k miles. Long story short: uber maintenance receipts (well beyond the schedule) and clean carfax. 285/75R16 BFG ATs. I paid $16k, which I felt was reasonable considering the paperwork and my inspection. Rarely off roaded, and then only on improved dirt "park" roads. The previous owner did not even know what the CDL button was for. Interior is about a 8-9/10, a few minor broken or loose bits that I can fix.

I took the photo between Goldfield and Tonopah NV, I think its about the northern most stands of Joshua Trees in the US (although I need to do some searching in UT?). I was pretty stoked on the off road handling - mostly different from all my previous yota minis - solid and planted versus sporty throw-around.

IMG_3836.jpg

First thing I did when I got home was remove all the tinting. I felt blind on the drive home, both day and night, like I was driving a cave.

Next is to remove the running boards, drain and fill the engine, cases and diffs, and repack the bearings, lube drive shaft. I like Mobil1, I hope its suitable for all of these. After that I will probably just drive it for x months or years. It is tempting to crank the t-bars up an inch or so, but I don't want to impact the travel or reduce the reliability, so a moderate OME lift might be in order before too long... Here we go again! :cheers:

Very Nice! Congrats. It looks very much like my own '02. You will love it!

Nice purchase. Welcome!

Congratulations and welcome to the Hundy side of things ;). If you ever need help pin-striping it let me know...I've got a reputation to uphold :D

Thanks guys! and spressomon i was hoping that i would get a welcome from you :p ok, i have my reasons... pinstriping among them :clap:

now that i am home and have had a chance to drive the truck casually, and without the super tint, i really love it. i think it could turn out to my favorite yota yet!

NIce truck. I really wanted a white one when I was searching but ended up with green yet again. I know how you feel about the tint. Mine is still on there and I keep trying to convince my wife it needs to go. For some reason she likes it. I need to let her drive it more at night I guess.

I think this is turning into my favourite Toyota as well. Althought the size is taking some getting used to. Anyway nice ride and looking forward to more pics.

Congrats bkgee!! I know this cruiser and looked at it here in Phoenix before purchasing my 02 about 3 weeks ago. That is a great looking truck and in excellent condition. You got one heck of a deal. They guy selling it was a good guy and seemed very honest in the talks I had with him. Congrats again!

That's Arizona life-support...

Too Funny! I figured as much.

They guy selling it was a good guy and seemed very honest in the talks I had with him. Congrats again!

Thanks! I thought he was a pretty decent guy and I met his mechanic too.

After a few more days of city driving, I am really stoked about this truck. I hope is turns out as easy to wrench on as the old 4runner. Getting all my fluids and grease together now, should have her all flushed and filled in a week or so. I am debating my approach to the transmission - I think I might get the full stealership fluid replacement just so I know what I am starting with (they use 22 qts Mobil1 ATF at the local Toyota for $210), then do periodic partial drains on my own from there on...

Thanks! I thought he was a pretty decent guy and I met his mechanic too.

After a few more days of city driving, I am really stoked about this truck. I hope is turns out as easy to wrench on as the old 4runner. Getting all my fluids and grease together now, should have her all flushed and filled in a week or so. I am debating my approach to the transmission - I think I might get the full stealership fluid replacement just so I know what I am starting with (they use 22 qts Mobil1 ATF at the local Toyota for $210), then do periodic partial drains on my own from there on...

Yea he pointed me to his mechanic as well, which I might use if needed.

That is the route I am getting ready take as well. That is get the dealer to do a full fluid swap on the tranny and then do incremental myself from then on. However, I need to take care of the warped rotor and front bearings first. Good luck with your build!

Thanks man. Are you going to go OE on the rotor? Unloaded, the OE seems to stop the vehicle just fine, but I imagine that the aftermarket slotted stuff (DBA?) might be a nice upgrade for damaged equipment...

Thanks man. Are you going to go OE on the rotor? Unloaded, the OE seems to stop the vehicle just fine, but I imagine that the aftermarket slotted stuff (DBA?) might be a nice upgrade for damaged equipment...

Right now I am contemplating the same question. I literally just now almost pulled the trigger on some DBAs but decided to read a few more reviews first. I agree the OE stuff stops with no problem and really is pretty impressive considering that these things weight 6860lbs!

79,300 miles on my ART rotors and very little sign of wear. Keep in mind all these miles have been with bumpers, 35" tires, winch, etc....in other words LOADED. Compare that to the OEM rotors and stock rig (!!!) that were heat warped/deposited at 69K.

If you are going to mod it, wheel it and keep it buy the good stuff: Once. ;)

Nice rig. Welcome! I'd love to find a clean white one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom