No diesel going to filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
pretty new to this whole diy mechanic thing, but thought I’d have a crack at trying to fix my leaky 1pz injector pump. Unhooked all the lines and wiring, replaced some o-rings and copper washers, put it all back I exactly how it was also replaced the diesel filter aswell as priming it but now I can’t get any fuel to come out of the line coming out of the filter and therefore into the pump. Sat there for a good while pumping and nothing comes out. Just wondering if anyone could help me out with some suggestions. Last crack before I go the mechanics. Cheers

pretty new to this whole diy mechanic thing, but thought I’d have a crack at trying to fix my leaky 1pz injector pump. Unhooked all the lines and wiring, replaced some o-rings and copper washers, put it all back I exactly how it was also replaced the diesel filter aswell as priming it but now I can’t get any fuel to come out of the line coming out of the filter and therefore into the pump. Sat there for a good while pumping and nothing comes out. Just wondering if anyone could help me out with some suggestions. Last crack before I go the mechanics. Cheers
Did you try filling the filter housing with fuel?
If not then you will have to prime for a while.

Yeah sorry that’s what I meant by priming the filter
Have you been pushing down on the plunger?
Black knob on top of filter housing.
Guessing the unit ran before you took things apart eh.

I had this exact problem this week... newly refurbished fuel tank, and a new fuel filter... I was priming away, but with no luck. Even replaced the fuel lines from the tank to the chassis hardlines because I was worried they were installed incorrectly. It turned out to be tiny air leak on a connector (I put an in-line fuel cutoff in case I park somewhere dodgy... that had a brass screw connector - I never used plumbers tape on the thread and that leak was enough to stop the primer pump from doing its job.) Basically instead of building up pressure to pull the fuel, it was just sucking air.

A way of finding out would be to take the fuel lines directly from the primer pump/filter into a bottle of diesel and see if it sucks. If that works, then just work your way down to each join on the fuel lines and see if you can suck fuel... then hope you pick up a leak... well thats what we did when we found my cutoff was leaking.

If you stick your finger over the pipe as you prime, you should feel the suction.

Have you been pushing down on the plunger?
Black knob on top of filter housing.
Guessing the unit ran before you took things apart eh.
Yeah been pushing down on that, t
I had this exact problem this week... newly refurbished fuel tank, and a new fuel filter... I was priming away, but with no luck. Even replaced the fuel lines from the tank to the chassis hardlines because I was worried they were installed incorrectly. It turned out to be tiny air leak on a connector (I put an in-line fuel cutoff in case I park somewhere dodgy... that had a brass screw connector - I never used plumbers tape on the thread and that leak was enough to stop the primer pump from doing its job.) Basically instead of building up pressure to pull the fuel, it was just sucking air.

A way of finding out would be to take the fuel lines directly from the primer pump/filter into a bottle of diesel and see if it sucks. If that works, then just work your way down to each join on the fuel lines and see if you can suck fuel... then hope you pick up a leak... well thats what we did when we found my cutoff was leaking.

If you stick your finger over the pipe as you prime, you should feel the suction.

Thanks mate, watched a few videos on how well the primer on the filter housing should be working and found that’s it’s working nothing like it should. Pulled it out and tested it and it’s just drips coming out. For the moment just gunna by pass it until the new one comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom