No charge light on dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any help would be great not getting charge from alternator. Charge light on dash not lighting up. Turn key on ,test for power at alternator plug no power? Any ideas as to my problems. Charge fuse is good .

60 or 62?
Not sure about over there in the US, but but early 60's had an external regulator, and if that has gone you will get no charge.
Just something else to check for.

did you check the fusible link as well as the charge fuse? Does the warning light come on when you first turn the key to "on"? Did you have the alternator tested? If it is bad, then replace it and see if the light is working again.

I have had a run of bad alternators. This last time I had an issue with it I had it replaced and the next day I started seeing the Charge light....I didn't even know that light existed. I took it in and sure enough it was another bad alternator. That was a few months ago and have not seen that light again.
FJ60Pond.JPG

did you check the fusible link as well as the charge fuse? Does the warning light come on when you first turn the key to "on"? Did you have the alternator tested? If it is bad, then replace it and see if the light is working again.
Did not test fusible link , did check charge fuse, yes alternator test good

I also thought about the fusable link, but in my experience it causes lots of things to go wrong, not just the charge light. Still worth checking though.
And very glad you got it sorted.

@John Staton nice place to find your cruiser stopped.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom