Nicolas Amaru Toyota Collection - Cruiser P0rn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

forksinthetrail

Frequent Lurker
Threads
I got a chance to tour Nicolas Amaru's Private Toyota collection a while back and took a lot of pictures - mostly of the 40 series. There are 300+ vehicles, it is crazy. They are all very clean, very high end restorations. The white 1983 FJ40 really got my attention - factory AC, PS, 27,000 original miles. It looked like new...
Anyways, not sure what protocol is but I posted them in a gallery here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/gallery/albums/nicolas-amaru-toyota-collection.3498/
If you have questions, post here.

Artwork

IMG_1422.JPG

Does he drive these? Car collectors... I dunno. Except in the case of Jay Leno who actually drives everything he owns (including the jet-powered motorcycle and the steam-powered car)... Cars are meant to be driven, even the prettiest ones.

:clap:Nice job Forks! So the big question, does he ever sell anything in his collection? :bounce:

no wonder I didn't see one on the road in Puerto Rico, they get snagged into a museum :doh:

I asked him if he drove them and he said no, with a few rare exceptions. He really wants to turn the collection into a museum, but the first building he built to house them was declared unfit as a museum (political problems in PR) because of nearby high voltage transmission lines. So, he is taking this as a sign to do it bigger and better and has started another site with better planning. He was quite proud to boast that he has a more complete collection than Toyota itself, apparently he has visited their collection or museum a few times in Japan.

He drives a Toyota Highlander BTW. He is a pretty simple guy - he was a mechanic for a long time, then he started a Toyota dealership from his gas station, then it blew up into multiple Toyota, Hyundai, and Nissan dealerships in PR.

Oh - nothing is for sale, he is actively still buying. He buys everything from the USA southwest. He says PR cars are junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom