Next Gen Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yikes, it seems every generation Toyota keeps making the approach angle worse. Let's hope that this is some middle eastern specific spec. Toyota already sells a version the 200 series there with the integrated running boards like the LX570 and a hideous low hanging front bumper which hurts the approach and breakover angle.

Middle eastern 200 series VXS:
2021-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-VXS-5.7-Full-option-Quilt-Leather-for-Export-by-car2point-1-scaled.jpg

Middle eastern 200 series VXR:
A730109.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes, it seems every generation Toyota keeps making the approach angle worse. Let's hope that this is some middle eastern specific spec. Toyota already sells a version the 200 series there with the integrated running boards like the LX570 and a hideous low hanging front bumper which hurts the approach and breakover angle.

Middle eastern 200 series VXS:
2021-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-VXS-5.7-Full-option-Quilt-Leather-for-Export-by-car2point-1-scaled.jpg

Middle eastern 200 series VXR:
A730109.jpg
It has integrated running boards because it likely has AHC.

It has integrated running boards because it likely has AHC.
This depends on the market. The EU 200-series with AHC can be had without running boards or the same removable ones that comes on the US models. They stopped selling them here in 2014 or 2015 I think.

With the US announcement today to curb emissions by 50% in next 9 years I expect the Toyota V8 is officially dead. My expectation is the turbo V6 will also be on the new LX.

With the US announcement today to curb emissions by 50% in next 9 years I expect the Toyota V8 is officially dead. My expectation is the turbo V6 will also be on the new LX.

Woof. Disposable/consumable/un-repairable cars will truly be the norm.

My 1 year old son is going to be driving a V8 to high school in the form of my 4Runner.

I hope we'll see a Twin Turbo V6...no turbo lag and plenty of torque for the grunt work in low range... :banana:

I don't absolutely hate it, but I'm also not sore about the US not getting it (immediately at least). Looking at the evolution between prior generations, it seems like the design language hasn't taken nearly the same departure from it's predecessor as they've done previously--if you told me this was a 200 with a body kit I would almost believe it for a second. It does look like it addresses my biggest gripe about the look of the 200 which is how rounded and bulbous the rear is, though that's even started to grow on me a bit.

One piece tailgate....

Loss of a big bit of the Land Cruiser's charm as a tailgater with a nice pick-up truck bench seat, picnic table, work bench, etc...

Progress or cheap?

How can y'all tell from those two photos that they got rid of the rear split gate?

How can y'all tell from those two photos that they got rid of the rear split gate?
We saw part schematics in previous posts (maybe other threads). No split gate.

Interestingly, I saw a split gate in the new BMW X8.

That photo above behind the chain link fence looks like the real deal compared to the drawing in the manual.
Looks like a gangster car
image.png

One piece tailgate....

Loss of a big bit of the Land Cruiser's charm as a tailgater with a nice pick-up truck bench seat, picnic table, work bench, etc...

Progress or cheap?
The tailgate was a huge catch for my family... Our rig was a hit in the parking lot with the other Dad's who waited while our wives and daughters moved our new Freshman into the dorm. It may also have been that the campus was dry and I had some red solo cups for well chilled thirst mitigation support... :rofl:

The tailgate was a huge catch for my family... Our rig was a hit in the parking lot with the other Dad's who waited while our wives and daughters moved our new Freshman into the dorm. It may also have been that the campus was dry and I had some red solo cups for well chilled thirst mitigation support... :rofl:
What fun is a dry campus?

Had to make a trip to Chicago today. Got sandwiches and setup shop in the sun for lunch. Priceless.

2E8EA062-75D7-4A49-B4D9-1E9D8908329F.jpeg

What fun is a dry campus?

Had to make a trip to Chicago today. Got sandwiches and setup shop in the sun for lunch. Priceless.

View attachment 2652911

"Dry" appears to be a term most of his classmates understand as, "You can't by your drinks here on campus..." Tailgates were made for outside the box thinkers... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom