Next big expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Less than 3 months to go. Everyone ready?!

@Crusha will be nice enough to bring his set of radios along, so I believe we have comms taken care of. That said, should we have an agreed upon backup? CB? GMRS?

I've been following this thread in the 200 section, which details their trip and also has some good video of the tougher sections of the trail near the end. 200s on Hole in the Rock Trail HITR

Less than 3 months to go. Everyone ready?!

@Crusha will be nice enough to bring his set of radios along, so I believe we have comms taken care of. That said, should we have an agreed upon backup? CB? GMRS?

I've been following this thread in the 200 section, which details their trip and also has some good video of the tougher sections of the trail near the end. 200s on Hole in the Rock Trail HITR
I can provide two ham/gmrs capable radios.

What about renting a satellite phone since we'll be in the boonies? The cost for the duration of the trip is ~$150.

There are a couple of recent threads on Mud regarding shipping trucks out west.

Can you please take the lead on renting the sat phone for the group? We can all chip in a few bucks.

I think having one just in case is a no-brainer.

Bump! About two months until the big trip!

Wanted to check in and take everyone's temperature and make sure we had an accurate headcount.

I'm still in. I've checked on satellite phones and found a few options. At least one vendor requires certification that the phone won't be used in the US which is a little odd.

I am worried about my trucks health and reliability.
I've considered and discussed rideing along with Mitch, but honestly am on the fence, not feeling super gung ho about Utah at the moment.
Imagin that :meh:

I’m commited, or should be ;).
Flight is booked, will be shipping my truck.
Ben, sorry, but I will not allow you to take my “temperature” :confused:

I am worried about my trucks health and reliability.
I've considered and discussed rideing along with Mitch, but honestly am on the fence, not feeling super gung ho about Utah at the moment.
Imagin that :meh:

Boooooo

I am still working on the permission slip. Travelling 3 1/2 weeks each month is raking a toll on the family. My truck however is ready to roll.

I traded message with @SAS last night. He is in!

Tel him @Pacer is waffling, maybe he can twist his arm.

I’d have a spare seat for a few days, Aaron, but not all days. I enjoy my solitude!

Rock solid as always. I’m getting married next Sept I’m told , so I ain’t missing this one. I more worried what I might miss next fall. Bob and I are booked and will be in Salt Lake with our thumbs out.
Since we have a Sat phone, I think Schmucko needs to reconsider. He can call the wifey when he wants and even arrange heli rescue if he blows a diff in his heart valve. Come on Gary! The force is with you.

Tiki you are passenger right?

Confirmed trucks:
Me
Crusha
SAS

Confirmed riders:
Bob
Von Helwig / Von hoyek
Tiki

So we are looking for a confirmation from Mitch and Steve?
@apinti
@trafficsux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom