Next big expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I guess I'm watching way too much tube lately, so after our epic CO trip I guess I'm itching for more. So, my question for all of you, gear heads, who would be open/willing for another trip out west next year. I know some of you did Moab already, so I'm thinking Rubicon, but I'm very open to the destination.

I know is not an easy trip, and maybe evolving your "boss" will be more achievable. :)

[QUOTE="

I know is not an easy trip, and maybe evolving your "boss" will be more achievable but a whole lot less fun. Might as well spend a week at the mall with your wife. :)[/QUOTE]

FIFY

Yeah, but out west you can loose her on the trail.... at least for a few days and than pick her up on the way back, just saying....

If you lose her, who would cook?

I'd love to do the Rubicon, but that is a big commitment. It's another full day of driving from Moab, probably 14 hours. Driving there and back is at least eight days. Shipping the rigs would be the way to go. I think Gary may be planning another Colorado trip. @shmukster ?

I'm figuring a combination Colorado/Utah trip September 2019. Yes the Rubithon would be great but it's an extremely long drive. Four days at least for me each way. From Moab it's probably another 900 miles or so. Have an invitation to join some friends from Yankee Toys for this years Rubithon but couldn't make it work what with being here in Virginia Beach all week on a family vacation. Joe Mylie is driving his FJ55 out and Brian O'Laughlin is driving his BJ43. Yes out and back, amazing thought.

For next year's trip I'm figuring to do some of the passes in CO that we didn't get to this year and then head over to Utah from southwestern CO. Another thought is a totally Utah trip; need to do some serious discussion with Crusha and maybe Ben Foltz to see what is a good interesting potential itinerary. Other than having spent a week at Cruise Moab I don't know a lot about Utah except that there are a lot of trails out there. Some input from Don Diehl might also determine just what we come up with he's spent a lot of time camping and expedition camping in UT.

As far as interest goes I'd say right now Crusha, Jeff in his Taco, and Steve in his new Taco are damn near definites no matter what we eventually settle on doing. Mitch you're certainly welcome. Hopefully one night (or more) at coal mine we can get this under serious discussion.

Crusha and I have discussed getting out for the Rubithon many times. I wouldn't be too interested in driving out there (2800 miles each way) but do have contacts in both Placerville and Sacramento to whom my (or our) trucks could be shipped. My brother lives in Reno, visiting him has given me the opportunity to log some time on the Rubicon. Never in my own rig though- actually never even in a Toyota. Right now I'd guess shipping a truck out to CA and back again would run about $2600. Add a few hundred dollars for a flight to either Sacramento or Reno.

Not cheap but for a working stiff it saves eight days vacation worth of long drives and all the expense driving those 2800 miles twice. Of course if you have a passenger sharing fuel and motel expenses it makes the cost of driving substantially more tolerable. Figure three nights in a hotel each way, food to eat on the trip and fuel costs. Definitely least expensive if you have enough vacation days to burn and have a passenger or two.

Some of the guys from Yankee Toys drove straight out from MA to Utah stopping only for fuel. Man that would be grueling for an old chap like myself.

I would be up for just about anything in late Oct and November. Those are the least busy times for me. That is also a great time of the year for Utah!

If we got 4 trucks shipped from the same location I think the costs would be very reasonable.

I would be up for just about anything in late Oct and November. Those are the least busy times for me. That is also a great time of the year for Utah!

If we got 4 trucks shipped from the same location I think the costs would be very reasonable.
I'm in.

It would kill me to ever miss one of these, but right now, I’m loosely scheduled to possibly get married Sept of next year. However, this is a splendid reason to apply for a stay of execution. Besides what’s the difference btw 11 and 12 years of waiting. Getting engaged should theoretically buy me some more time, shouldn’t it? The damn ring was practically half a Landcruiser for Christ’s sake!

You don't want to rush into anything ...

The sooner we can nail down a time frame the better it is for me. If we do it befor the wedding it could be like a bachelor party. I need as much notice as possible to schedule the work thingy

In for whatever we decide.

@fireball maybe we can finally finish Hole in the Rock...and possibly do the whole Kokopelli Trail???

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben maybe you should get a trip planned and done for this fall (2018). Personally I go to the fall gathering in NH every October but outside of that I would be probably able to make a trip during the rest of October or in November. Of course the sooner plans are made and dates are set the better for all. I don't really know much about Utah other than Moab so I'd be just a participant in any trip you organize.

The trip I am hoping for next year will be doing several trails in CO- Red Cone, Webster, Schofield, Italian, and Hagerman to name a few. If you do an all Utah trip this year, then next year's trip will be all Colorado. For the Colorado trip time wise I am figuring the second and third week in September for several reasons.

Post up if you're willing to run a Utah trip this coming fall season.

Ben maybe you should get a trip planned and done for this fall (2018). Personally I go to the fall gathering in NH every October but outside of that I would be probably able to make a trip during the rest of October or in November. Of course the sooner plans are made and dates are set the better for all. I don't really know much about Utah other than Moab so I'd be just a participant in any trip you organize.

The trip I am hoping for next year will be doing several trails in CO- Red Cone, Webster, Schofield, Italian, and Hagerman to name a few. If you do an all Utah trip this year, then next year's trip will be all Colorado. For the Colorado trip time wise I am figuring the second and third week in September for several reasons.

Post up if you're willing to run a Utah trip this coming fall season.
Very possible I can be game for something this fall.

I’m out of Gummy bears so would be very interested Utah this Fall. If by chance I couldn’t go, I’m sure Mitch would be more than happy to smuggle me back a big stash in the back of his 80 assuming it stays in one piece between now and departure of the trip.
I can do even better, I can have some of my boys do a special delivery for you,just to make sure you receive the goods with no issues.

I'm a definite positive for this Fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom