Next big expedition (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I guess the whole idea of Overlanding is to drive to a destination. I know is not close, but I'll be wiling to do it again. I enjoyed our CO trip.

Long trips are a good time if you get your mind right with you will be in a car 4-5 hours with no break.
I can't make a November trip. I have a trip to NY with the wife for our anniversary first of December and can't swing the cash for both.

Long trips are a good time if you get your mind right with you will be in a car 4-5 hours with no break.
I can't make a November trip. I have a trip to NY with the wife for our anniversary first of December and can't swing the cash for both.
So get your priorities straight. Screw the anniversary. Way overated.

I know, I know!
I have way to much invested to loose it.

That's both the trip and the marriage!!

Team,

Looks like we've got a good crew shaping up:

1. apinti - smeller's the fella. You started the thread, you have to go!
2. fireball - 100% in. Wife approved, babysitter lined up for the week while I'm away. Ready to buy plane ticket.
3. pacer - "SOLD"
4. mryanangel - "99% in"
5. crusha - 100% in. Greg never met a Land Cruiser event he didn't like.
6. tikicruiser - "near definite"

@TRFCSUX and @Von Hayek seem to be in the MAYBE category.

@shmukster sounded like he was in but hasn't chimed in in a few days.

If we can get a little more info from you guys above about your probability of attendance, we can decide whether to open this up to some of the other Keystone guys, or to call it right here.

Team,

Looks like we've got a good crew shaping up:

1. apinti - smeller's the fella. You started the thread, you have to go!
2. fireball - 100% in. Wife approved, babysitter lined up for the week while I'm away. Ready to buy plane ticket.
3. pacer - "SOLD"
4. mryanangel - "99% in"
5. crusha - 100% in. Greg never met a Land Cruiser event he didn't like.
6. tikicruiser - "near definite"

@TRFCSUX and @Von Hayek seem to be in the MAYBE category.

@shmukster sounded like he was in but hasn't chimed in in a few days.

If we can get a little more info from you guys above about your probability of attendance, we can decide whether to open this up to some of the other Keystone guys, or to call it right here.
OK, at this point, is anybody considering driving out there?

I'll check with wife if she would consider going, when she gets back to US at the end at the week. Most likely, she wont. I would prefer driving if anybody else will be willing to do it. Anybody in NoVA crew looked into truck shipping options?

Pencil me in. I got the thumbs up from the wife so it is just a matter of straightening out work, which shouldn't be a big deal. @TRFCSUX is still trying to work it out with his job, but we would be riding together so no worries about a slot with him. And @apinti, we will be driving.
That kind of settles it for me, than:)

I'm a maybe if there's a seat open.

Tracy Barker would certainly be a strong contender to join as well seeing how he is already out there and has made it the last two trips. My intention would be to fly out. Most likely with Old Fart. It’s just going to be way easier to miss work for more like a week, than two. If we have passenger space issues, I’d be more than inclined to rent something out of Moab. We found our wagons were way overbuilt last time, and even if it’s only a Heep it will get the job done. I will wish my Taco was there and Tiki, but when I’m retired like Schmucko and Bob I’ll drive every time.

We should cap this at eight rigs...MAX!

FYI I doubt a rental jeep would do the trick for these trails unless it's a rubicon on 33s+

The passenger seat on my bj74 is good for anyone under 5'6" ! The JDM trucks weren't made for tall folks.

The passenger seat on my bj74 is good for anyone under 5'6" ! The JDM trucks weren't made for tall folks.

That would leave me plenty of room to stretch out and relax!

I'm on the fence. Stretches of three and even two days without a shower aren't my cup of tea. Looking at the cost, too- just spent a bundle on an extended family vacation at the beach. Would prefer to fly and leave my truck at home; frankly at this point in time I don't want to spend the $$$ to ship out and back. Time wise I'm fine, the days of course work out well for an old retired guy like me.
I assume the camping will be absolutely primitive- Ben please comment.
In the meantime I'm gonna look further into making the trip. I think it's gonna be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom