Newest CSC Member Dylans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chuy

07' GX470
Threads
Please welcome our newest CSC member #303 Mud Name Dylans! Welcome to the club Dylan!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard, hope to meet you at an upcoming meeting.

Yes I can see the broke ness looming. I'm lovin the cruiser life so far. I'll be at meetings for sure. She's not running too hot currently.

:cheers:

Yes I can see the broke ness looming. I'm lovin the cruiser life so far. I'll be at meetings for sure. She's not running too hot currently.
What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

3 times in the past week, I'll start it up and it'll idle real low and whole truck will shake real hard. Exhaust sounds really chuggy. Does it worse in gear. But I'll drive it and it'll go away. Seems random too. Doesn't always do it.

No check engine light? Re seat all your plug wires, inspect them for cracks etc... just start with the easy stuff first. Also, when the rig is cold go tap on your catalytic converter. If it sounds like stuff is rattling around in there, there may be some material in there causing an exhuaust blockage. Sounds like a misfire to me though.

Welcome aboard. So what year/model of rig do you have? Also, pictures always appreciated!

Glenn in Tucson

No check engine light. Wires plugs cap rotor all new. Already checked the connections between plug to wire, wire to cap. All good, found a disconnected vac line, plugged it in and gave it a little clip to hold. Still starts rough sometimes. I put it in D or R and it idles bad and whole truck shakes hard. I'll tap on the cat. The pipe where it meets the cat was loose from its mount so I used some metal strap to fasten it solid. Cat used to shake around.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. So what year/model of rig do you have? Also, pictures always appreciated!

Glenn in Tucson

1989 fj62. Stock 3fe. Ome shocks. Ome springs soon to come! 4in (I think) SR lift. Currently 35" dick cepek mountain cat tires on 16" rims. Soon to come, 33" bfg mud terrain km2.

Some rust I need to take care of asap when j find a shop that can do it, before I paint. Thinking about staying white, or going flat desert tan.

Arb bull bar and winch, lighting and dual battery setup, roof rack, rtt, front and rear Spartans, and a few other things. Ultimately a 6bt also. Haha we all know the to do list well im sure.

Last edited:
IMG_20140326_135757.jpg
IMG_20140405_231944.jpg

Looks nice. So you're swapping the springs and then putting on smaller tires? Or just having a set for off-roading? I've been looking at the KM2 simply for the kevlar - too many damn rocks and thorns out there. Also, have you seen this in the AZCC forum yet?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fs-fj60-62-4-lift-springs.803613/

Glenn
1989 fj62. Stock 3fe. Ome shocks. Ome springs soon to come! 4in (I think) SR lift. Currently 35" dick cepek mountain cat tires on 16" rims. Soon to come, 33" bfg mud terrain km2.

Some rust I need to take care of asap when j find a shop that can do it, before I paint. Thinking about staying white, or going flat desert tan.

Arb bull bar and winch, lighting and dual battery setup, roof rack, rtt, front and rear Spartans, and a few other things. Ultimately a 6bt also. Haha we all know the to do list well im sure.

I'm doing tires now. Springs later. I'm just gonna buy the ome heavy duty springs. I talked to the guys at cruiser outfitters where I'm gonna buy from. Springs are labeled 2-3 in lift. But they said lift has nothing to do with springs. And they would work just fine with my setup. I have some monster ass shackles though. I think 6.5 in pin to pin in the rear and the front sr was the same frame to pin.

I'm not exactly sure what size lift is on the truck, I bought it like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom