Newbie question on interior color codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. So, I did perform a search and didn't come up with anything that answered my question. So, here goes....

I will soon be the owner of a Lexus LX450 (purchased from a fellow MUD member!)

I am looking to confirm that the "oak" interior color trim is the same as the "tan" interior color trim on 1997 Lexus LX450 vehicles. Can anyone confirm/deny this assertion?

I need to purchase a door panel and want to make sure I get a match on the color. I understand that the Lexus panel also has the woodgrain trim running along the top portion of the panel, but I was hoping I could reuse the one on the old panel or just purchase the trim piece for that as well.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer! I'm happy to be a member of this forum, after many years of wanting to own an 80-series truck!

The only interior LX450 color is oak. Some may call it tan but the official name is oak. Used will be your only shot, new ones are long-gone. A Cruiser panel will be different.

The only interior LX450 color is oak. Some may call it tan but the official name is oak. Used will be your only shot, new ones are long-gone. A Cruiser panel will be different.

Thanks, Cruiserdan! So, by "different" are you just referring to the wood applique (sp?) that runs along the mid to upper section of the panel?

More than that. You need an LX450 panel for it to look right.

More than that. You need an LX450 panel for it to look right.

Oh, wow. Thank you! You just saved me some money, because I was about to purchase a panel from a LC.

Oh, wow. Thank you! You just saved me some money, because I was about to purchase a panel from a LC.
Which door do you need?

I have a RR LX450 door interior panel that I bought, forgetting that they are different from my LC. I will have to get a pic of it. It's not perfect, but it's OK.

Which door do you need?

I have a RR LX450 door interior panel that I bought, forgetting that they are different from my LC. I will have to get a pic of it. It's not perfect, but it's OK.

A pic would be great. Thanks! I am really curious about what the differences are, because the sheet metal it attaches to has got to be the same, right? So, it must be just cosmetic?

A pic would be great. Thanks! I am really curious about what the differences are, because the sheet metal it attaches to has got to be the same, right? So, it must be just cosmetic?
Yes, it's cosmetic. The LX have more woodgrain than the LC's (none) Also a slightly different pattern on the brown vs tan areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom