ABS Codes 31/32/35 (newbie) ((I've searched)) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy, I'm new to Toyotas and the 80 series. I did my searching for a few weeks on the boards but I got my 94 LC with the ABS light on. Did the blink codes and got codes 31,32,35

31, Right front speed sensor malfunction
32, Left front speed sensor malfunction
35, Open circuit in left front or right rear speed sensor circuit.

So before I order a $1000 wire harness I was wondering if there were tips in testing these sensors or wiring OR if there are known issues. I've been a heavy equipment mechanic for 20+ years so I'm not shy around the shop I just don't know where to begin (still waiting on a Toyota shop manual to come in)

Thanks in advance for any info!

If you haven’t done this already, remove the sensors and clean them and check the connections and clean them up. If these don’t help then it could be a short in the harness which in my experience is almost impossible to find. Below is the abs diagnostic page from the FSM. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• diagnosi.pdf
    116 KB · Views: 77
If you haven’t done this already, remove the sensors and clean them and check the connections and clean them up. If these don’t help then it could be a short in the harness which in my experience is almost impossible to find. Below is the abs diagnostic page from the FSM. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much!

When in doubt, follow the FSM. There's a complete copy for you in the Resources section, for free.

One thing to consider, lubricate the mounting hardware liberally and for days before trying to remove the sensors; if you don't you'll break them. Clean like you mean it and you'll be glad you did.

I wouldn't spend the money on new sensors; find used ones. Good thing it's not the rear sensors.

When in doubt, follow the FSM. There's a complete copy for you in the Resources section, for free.

One thing to consider, lubricate the mounting hardware liberally and for days before trying to remove the sensors; if you don't you'll break them. Clean like you mean it and you'll be glad you did.

I wouldn't spend the money on new sensors; find used ones. Good thing it's not the rear sensors.
Kroil is my friend here in the Northeast

Clean your sensors 😂

IMG_4344.jpeg

IMG_4343.jpeg

Magnets do what magnets do...

Consider also cleaning the reluctor ring "teeth". IME those can get completely clogged bridging the teeth with magnetic particles and when that happens the sensor might "see/feel" a continuous signal/pulse (like when a wheel isn't turning) instead of On-Off-On-Off as the teeth swing by the tip of the ABS sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom