Newbie Looking to buy a 80 Series

I'm finally in the market for a 80 series cruiser after looking at Expeditions and Suburbans. I'm a recent convert from Jeep Grand Wagoneers (90 and 89) that I got tired of working on. I just found these boards and have enjoyed the info here.

Well first off, welcome to Mud. :)
Theres a bunch of info here to get you going and save you some $$$.
I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but go with something thats in great shape with low miles.
Everyone here goes for the 80 with lockers which is a bonus, if your not going to wheel it heavy an 93-97 model will do you just fine.

Welcome to MuD. The people here are great and very helpful. There is a section at the top of the forum list titled "Thinking of Buying an 80? - Follow this link to helpful advice " that has a lot of useful information for a potential buyer. I posted the link for your convenience. If you find a vehicle you are interested in, you can post a request for a fellow member to check out and give a second opinion. Finally keep in mind that the LX450 is the twin brother of the Land Cruiser. They seem to sell for less than than Land Cruiser and have a few more creature comforts.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=1012335&postcount=3

Thanks for the all the tips and links. I went and looked at a 1994 LC with 150,000 miles yesterday. The guy pulled the old "price I listed was a mistake" routine when I made an offer. It was nice to drive one and look it over. I noticed a couple of things about the vehicle. The idle seemed high and the power steering was loud. I assume with the PS that the fluid was low due to a leak. Also the front and rear locker lights would only flash not engage. Are these typical problem areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom