Newbie Looking to buy a 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm finally in the market for a 80 series cruiser after looking at Expeditions and Suburbans. I'm a recent convert from Jeep Grand Wagoneers (90 and 89) that I got tired of working on. I just found these boards and have enjoyed the info here.

.....I'm a recent convert from Jeep Grand Wagoneers (90 and 89) that I got tired of working on.

Yup, you will actually find that you get to spend more time driving your Cruiser than fixing it.

:cheers:

Well first off, welcome to Mud. :)
Theres a bunch of info here to get you going and save you some $$$.
I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but go with something thats in great shape with low miles.
Everyone here goes for the 80 with lockers which is a bonus, if your not going to wheel it heavy an 93-97 model will do you just fine.

Welcome to MuD. The people here are great and very helpful. There is a section at the top of the forum list titled "Thinking of Buying an 80? - Follow this link to helpful advice " that has a lot of useful information for a potential buyer. I posted the link for your convenience. If you find a vehicle you are interested in, you can post a request for a fellow member to check out and give a second opinion. Finally keep in mind that the LX450 is the twin brother of the Land Cruiser. They seem to sell for less than than Land Cruiser and have a few more creature comforts.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=1012335&postcount=3

Welcome:flipoff2:

Thanks for the all the tips and links. I went and looked at a 1994 LC with 150,000 miles yesterday. The guy pulled the old "price I listed was a mistake" routine when I made an offer. It was nice to drive one and look it over. I noticed a couple of things about the vehicle. The idle seemed high and the power steering was loud. I assume with the PS that the fluid was low due to a leak. Also the front and rear locker lights would only flash not engage. Are these typical problem areas.

Come out to GJ CO and buy mine, all you need to to re replace the orignal PHH, I did the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom