Newbie body alignment thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I've been reading through a few posts here but can't quite get the answers I need on aligning the front panels on my 85 HJ60.

I'm putting together my front radiator/headlight support and the fenders seem to be sitting a bit lower than the support.

Is it just a matter of loosening all the panel bolts and adjusting until it lines up or something else?

20230420_162210.jpg

Basically, yes. There is some flex in the fender, but you don't want to force anything. Assuming there isn't damage from a previous collision, you should be able to get the fender to line up without too much effort. Having a buddy helps. Loosen all of the fender bolts (there are lots of them), including the ones in the wheel well, and you should be able to wrestle it into place.

Basically, yes. There is some flex in the fender, but you don't want to force anything. Assuming there isn't damage from a previous collision, you should be able to get the fender to line up without too much effort. Having a buddy helps. Loosen all of the fender bolts (there are lots of them), including the ones in the wheel well, and you should be able to wrestle it into place.
Awesome, thanks. I ended up doing exactly, basically spent the entire afternoon undoing a bunch of work :-D . I ended up sorting it all out though! Lesson learned.

Awesome, thanks. I ended up doing exactly, basically spent the entire afternoon undoing a bunch of work :-D . I ended up sorting it all out though! Lesson learned.
I did the same thing when I had my fenders off a couple of summers ago. Had to take the first one off and restart. Yeah, it was a bummer. Ended up putting the rear fender bolt in, then the front (not tight, but in), and then went back doing every other bolt so that all of the holes lined up. Did that on the second fender and it worked like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom