Newbie Birf question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Assume I can't do the birf repack myself, for many reasons. Would you recommend that I get the dealer to do it or should I print the instructions and get a good local mechanic to do it? I do not trust my dealer -- last visit they sugested I replace a lot of stuff that they had just replaced! I have put this off for so long now that I may have to buy new birfs. Thanks

I don't trust mt local Toyota dealer either, whenever I go there I ask them, "How much are you going to rip me off today?", no joke. I would go with the local mechanic becuase you can trust him more and he is less likely to rip you off.

- Sammy J

[quote author=Macondawg link=board=2;threadid=13746;start=msg127425#msg127425 date=1080316669]
Assume I can't do the birf repack myself, for many reasons. Would you recommend that I get the dealer to do it or should I print the instructions and get a good local mechanic to do it? I do not trust my dealer -- last visit they sugested I replace a lot of stuff that they had just replaced! I have put this off for so long now that I may have to buy new birfs. Thanks
[/quote]

Are your Knuckles leaking or your birfields clicking? I would print the directions and get with a local mechanic, have Cdan send you all of the parts you will need.

[quote author=Macondawg link=board=2;threadid=13746;start=msg127425#msg127425 date=1080316669]
[/quote]

Honestly...join your local TLCA, get a buddy, and have him help you. If you were near me, I'd help you. That's just the type of crowd that you'll find. Pit is right on with the clicking...if they're not clicking, no worries for now. If there's no leaking, no seals have gone either.

Get involved, you'll be amazed at how much you'll learn and how fun it will be.

[quote author=Safado link=board=2;threadid=13746;start=msg127652#msg127652 date=1080343135]
Honestly...join your local TLCA, get a buddy, and have him help you. If you were near me, I'd help you. That's just the type of crowd that you'll find. Pit is right on with the clicking...if they're not clicking, no worries for now. If there's no leaking, no seals have gone either.

Get involved, you'll be amazed at how much you'll learn and how fun it will be.
[/quote]

Ditto that...
What part of the world are you in?
Cruiserheads rock, so finding a buddy should not be too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom