New Tundra 5 lug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
It looks as though the new BIG 2007 Tundra is moving to the 5 lug pattern. 100 owners will soon have plenty of wheels to choose from, the aftermarket is bound to jump all over it.

28-07-Tundra.jpg

Steely spare wheel might be good for the hardcore folks.

27-07-Tundra.jpg

Good info...hopefully it will share the same backspacing as the '98+ LC.

i was on the tundrasolutions board and all the tundra people are up in arms about the 5 lug design. i guess you just cant make everybody happy

sounds good to me. anyone know if the backspacing is the same? also what type of front suspension does the 2007 tundra have? torsion bar??

I know nothing about tundras, but I think the torsion bar system is about to be buried after the last LC, I doubt any new heavy duty vehicles will use it. My .02

As seen in the pic above, it is coil sprung IFS, as are the current tundra and tacoma.

That's good news. Hopefully, they'll be using the same bolt pattern (spacing) and bore. I don't see why they wouldn't though.

firetruck41 said:
As seen in the pic above, it is coil sprung IFS, as are the current tundra and tacoma.

SORRY, I looked for the springs and couldn't see them, and I looked for the torsion bars and couldn't see them, but the picture was dark and I suspected it was coil sprung due to the shape of the bottom arm, but the Hilux's are or were torsion bar on the top arm, so I couldn't discount it. I do seriously believe that torsion bar is really only suited to lighter sprung loads in the curent design. If the new LC is 500 to 1000lbs lighter as someone sugested, like the Sequoia (or however it is spelt) than it may be used again, but I really think it is dead and buried. Of course, I could be totally wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom