New Toyotas at Overland Expo East (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

prharper

GOLD Star
Threads
Got to check these out in person today.

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

IMG_3682.jpeg

IMG_3683.jpeg

IMG_3684.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

Plastic trucks flexing on plastic rocks.

:)

Plastic trucks flexing on plastic rocks.

:)
Are these really all that different from anything after the 80 series?

IFS, electronic computer gizmos... I mean these aren't a 70, but is anything else comparable to the 70 after the 80? Having owned a hybrid Prius that I bought with 210k miles on it and had no issues at all and sold it for what I bought it for after a few years, I'm all ears.

To me, for a LC, it comes down to ground clearance and robustness of components. I don't know the details of the tie rods, front diff, rear diff, but having factory skid plates and sliders goes a long way for robustness by protecting these components IMHO...

Looks like this was a "look, but don't even think about touching" type of display with the ropes around all sides. I'd be interested to look closer at the LC version as I'll need a replacement for my '13 Explorer Sport at some point in the not too distant future. Not looking at it so much as a wheeler, but a hauler with a little bit of character and capabilities when needed in everyday life (snow, beach cruise, light off road). :steer:

Also, looks like this has enough tow capacity to drag my 23' I/O walk around in and out of the water...that's a big plus too, although my 80 could do the chore if necessary. I'll be interested to see the interior capacity...when I bought my Explorer, I dragged around one of my large coolers that I use for catering to see if I could fit 2 in the rear without having to adjust any rear seating. I can fit 4 in the Explorer with my middle seats down and actually got 6 in my 80 since I could stack with the extra interior height. One thing I do hate about the Explorer, is that the cargo area is not flat as in parallel to the ground with about a 15 degree rake to the rear...lots of fun when hauling saucy hot food to catering events or a 4 tiered wedding cake...o_O

Last edited:
That Land Cruiser was gone Sat AM. I asked the Toyota staff where it went. Was told it has a busy schedule and is off to another event.

Some new GX's.

Loved the textured paint on the green one. Don't think it's na OEM option. Price on it was over $100k w options.

IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3691.jpeg
IMG_3692.jpeg

Has anyone tried to put a deposit on either the new LC or GX?

Just saw a news article that the LC sold out in 30 minutes.
That’s not really how Toyota (edit: clarifying I’m talking about Toyota USA) does it from what I’ve read. My understanding is dealers get allocations and people in line can take or pass on what comes in. Toyota builds and distributes what they want so there is no ordering an individual vehicle.

Last edited:
Initially they get what Australia does. 2.4L turbo diesel carried over from previous gen Prado. Hybridized eventually. Not sure about petrol options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom