New Toyota Hi-Lux weird rear axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a big ??? :confused: In my head, a friend wants to re-gear his new 2009 Hi-lux with a 3.0L Turbo Diesel Engine. The front differential is the same as in the FJ Cruiser and the 120 series Prado 8” IFS Clamshell, but the rear axle is different from all Toyota axles I’ve ever seen…it’s shim adjusted like Dana Spicer differentials but on the outside it looks like the usual 8” Toyota, it’s not a Dana 44 and no Dana 35… On the “ARB Locker Application Chart” there’s an ARB locker model that only applies for that axle. Where can I get a Ring and Pinion gearset for that rear axle and how do I ask for it??? Is there an special name for that new Toyota axle?

I have a big ??? :confused: In my head, a friend wants to re-gear his new 2009 Hi-lux with a 3.0L Turbo Diesel Engine. The front differential is the same as in the FJ Cruiser and the 120 series Prado 8” IFS Clamshell, but the rear axle is different from all Toyota axles I’ve ever seen…it’s shim adjusted like Dana Spicer differentials but on the outside it looks like the usual 8” Toyota, it’s not a Dana 44 and no Dana 35… On the “ARB Locker Application Chart” there’s an ARB locker model that only applies for that axle. Where can I get a Ring and Pinion gearset for that rear axle and how do I ask for it??? Is there an special name for that new Toyota axle?

Some of the 70 series landcruisers from down that way had a locally made diff,so maybe this is similar.
Something to do with using local content.

I've seen a lot of 60 series with 35 spline semi floater D60 rear axles...made by Dana-Venezuela... but nothing like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom