LN112 Toyota Hilux crank but no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced the head in my 1996 Toyota hilux SSR-X 2LTE after blowing a head gasket and cracking the head. I replaced most cooling components and adding new glow plugs. After getting everything back together I electrically disconnected the injector pump and cranked the engine to prime the oil pump reconnected the pump and tried to start but only cranked. I double checked all the connections and can’t think of what to check next. This is my first diesel engine. While checking diagnostic codes I received a 1, 3, 3, 9 flashing lights.

I recently replaced the head in my 1996 Toyota hilux SSR-X 2LTE after blowing a head gasket and cracking the head. I replaced most cooling components and adding new glow plugs. After getting everything back together I electrically disconnected the injector pump and cranked the engine to prime the oil pump reconnected the pump and tried to start but only cranked. I double checked all the connections and can’t think of what to check next. This is my first diesel engine. While checking diagnostic codes I received a 1, 3, 3, 9 flashing lights.
When I replaced my head had the same issue. It ran before, so I wasted days troubleshooting before I compression tested and realized it had nothing. Turned out the brand new head was garbage and had leaking valve seats, so I'd check compression next if it were me. If not then check it's injecting fuel ( could be as simple as removing glow plugs and seeing if it looks like a steam train when u crank), then timing. Only buying AMC heads from now on. Good luck

Are you the fellow on Instagram with the Hilux in japan? Clean truck

When I replaced my head had the same issue. It ran before, so I wasted days troubleshooting before I compression tested and realized it had nothing. Turned out the brand new head was garbage and had leaking valve seats, so I'd check compression next if it were me. If not then check it's injecting fuel ( could be as simple as removing glow plugs and seeing if it looks like a steam train when u crank), then timing. Only buying AMC heads from now on. Good luck
Thanks I think I’ll start with checking compression I did fan a new complete amc head
i did purchase a new amc complete head. I’ve double triple checked timing the first time I cranked I had a leak from the water pump so I replaced that and double checked timing again. So I know timing is good I’d like to check compression I was hearing a slight hissing when turning over the crank by hand but wasn’t able to find where it’s coming from

Are you the fellow on Instagram with the Hilux in japan? Clean truck
That’s actually JetBluehilux. You recognized the inspiration tho. I’ve actually been in contact with him when I originally blue the head gasket. He helped me with a lot of forum posts and sites to order parts from. Super cool and genuine dude. But we have the same truck essentially I’m in socal though.

I saw that truck for sale in Nevada this summer. Congrats on your first Toyota diesel. I'm sorry it's giving you grief.

Is the 112 series an electronic IP? Or still the mech IP?

I saw that truck for sale in Nevada this summer. Congrats on your first Toyota diesel. I'm sorry it's giving you grief.

Is the 112 series an electronic IP? Or still the mech IP?
I flew out and picked it up last September guy was super cool it’s too bad I had to go and mess it up but it’s been fun every step of the way. I’m not sure what you mean by IP

I figured I’d start with fuel got the injector pipes off and cranked but no fuel coming out I tried also priming the fuel filter but still nothing. Everything I’ve been reading is saying it’s a circulating system and doesn’t require bleeding but I’m not sure what’s stopping my from getting fuel

I flew out and picked it up last September guy was super cool it’s too bad I had to go and mess it up but it’s been fun every step of the way. I’m not sure what you mean by IP
I believe he is trying to say Injection Pump.

Did hilux ever get 1kz TE diesel engine? That's the engine in my Prado 90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom