New to LC200 - 17" Wheel question - looking for experienced advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 2019 LC a week ago today. I'm working with a local shop that specializes in Toyota builds to add BP-51 lift, sliders, roof rack, skids, and wheels. I want to go from the stock 18" wheel to a aftermarket 17" wheel and wrap with 285/75/r17 ridge grapplers. But the shop is telling me that 17" wheels will not fit over the OEM brake calipers on a 2019 LC.

Combing thru the wheel and tire database here for 200 LC/LXs, I see guys running the 17" rock warriors but wondering if the inside diameter of the RW is different or if the 16+ LC200 has a larger brake caliper than earlier models. The wheels I want are only offered in 17" or 20" and 20" isn't the look I'm interested in. Appreciate any help and advice.

RW on 2016+ should work. There are a few here who are running that setup. Worst case: you purchase and test fit but they don't work. Then sell them. The market for RW is good.
I mention the RWs as they are 17". The wheels I want are actually XD135 Grenades in Matte Grey with black lip, but this color is not available as an 18" wheel in the 5X150 bolt pattern. I do like the RWs but hard to find probably b/c as you say the market is good for them.

The Tire Rack shows those wheels (and in that color) fitting in an 18" diameter. Give them a call to see if the 17" version will fit. There's a lot to fitment besides clearing the calipers.

They only show making those in 18" for the 5x150 pattern. 0mm offset and 33.62lbs each. I would look for something else.

I have 17” ICON wheels on my 2019. No problems with the calipers on these wheels. Does that wheel come in a 5x150 in the 17"? I see the 18" does.

Like @Sandroad said “There's a lot to fitment besides clearing the calipers”. The offset alone is a huge one. This is one of, if not the #1 reason the demand for Rock Warriors is so high. It’s worth the wait to get them they do pop up every now and again on the used marked.

2nd and 3rd choices that come closest to this fit are the Icon 6 speed and the Dakar’s. Neither fit quite as good as RW, but both very popular on this forum.

Icon:

194C8379-DDDF-412E-8552-8C656CF95577.jpeg

Dakar:

0F490A1D-C782-4DE6-A2B6-AD2406A9D6D5.jpeg

or 4th option is keep the stock 18" and just get them powdercoated or vinyl wrapped to the color of your choice. I've seen XD wheels on 200's a couple times before, my opinion they don't look good. maybe ive just seen them on waaaay too many jeeps. Leave the XD's for jeep guys. I did look on the website and yeah 17" doesn't come in 5x150 anyways. Icon's are actually less money than the XD's, closer to the right offset, come in dark gray and are good wheels. 17" 5x150 is a very limited market

Just an FYI on the Evo Corse wheels you can do custom offset to your liking to dial in the fit like you want. I had my 18's done in a custom offset and could not be happier with how they turned out.

17's fit fine. I have low offset 17x8.5 +0 and they clear everything fine, just created some decent rub outward which I fixed.

The Rock Warrior's are a high offset 17x8 +50 and still clear the struts and calipers fine. Not a worry at all.

If you feel +50 is too recessed in the wheel well, +25 offset or so is the sweet spot between being flush yet not rubbing on 285/70R17. FN Wheels and ICON have great wheels in the +25 spec.

Rock Warriors are the #1 choice for 200s due to being forged, low weight and better offset. Also they are oem recommended by Toyota. They are getting harder to find and are at a premium.

6E674F22-B3CD-4B9B-9378-F96710BF5309.jpeg

I have 17" Icon Alloy Rebounds on my 16 and no clearance issues at all.View attachment 2065243

Just found the ICON rebounds yesterday at Toytec in Denver and really like them. Toytec has the same wheel on their shop LC200. Like the price, weight, and offset as well.

@dmc What tires and size are you running? I am thinking about Ridge Grapplers 285/75/r17 if I go with the Rebounds.

Thanks for all the great advice and insight from all that have replied. Very much appreciated and I hope to return the favor/pay it forward soon.

Just found the ICON rebounds yesterday at Toytec in Denver and really like them. Toytec has the same wheel on their shop LC200. Like the price, weight, and offset as well.

@dmc What tires and size are you running? I am thinking about Ridge Grapplers 285/75/r17 if I go with the Rebounds.

Thanks for all the great advice and insight from all that have replied. Very much appreciated and I hope to return the favor/pay it forward soon.

285/75/17 BFG KOs. They are just shy of 34 x 11.5. I rubbed on the inner fender well slightly when new but they clearanced pretty quickly, didn't even have a chance to get out a heat gun or try a 1/4" plate spacer.

Based on all the input and reading hours of threads on this forum, I made a final decision.

Just placed an order today for Stealth Ray 10s in gunmetal grey and will wrap with 285/70R18 Ridge Grapplers. Loved the look of the wheel and liked the hub centric design for Toyotas. Also ordered the BP-51 OME lift and should have all installed locally mid September. Pictures will be posted shortly thereafter.

Thanks again for all the great input.

Based on all the input and reading hours of threads on this forum, I made a final decision.

Just placed an order today for Stealth Ray 10s in gunmetal grey and will wrap with 285/70R18 Ridge Grapplers. Loved the look of the wheel and liked the hub centric design for Toyotas. Also ordered the BP-51 OME lift and should have all installed locally mid September. Pictures will be posted shortly thereafter.

Thanks again for all the great input.
Great choice! Can't wait to see how it looks.

I highly recommend also getting SPC UCA's to help with alignment with the lift and the larger tires on the +25 offset Ray10's. There may be slight rubbing with your 34's on the +25 offset wheels, and the UCA's will help address that too, along with maybe some fender liner/mud flap modification.

Great choice! Can't wait to see how it looks.

I highly recommend also getting SPC UCA's to help with alignment with the lift and the larger tires on the +25 offset Ray10's. There may be slight rubbing with your 34's on the +25 offset wheels, and the UCA's will help address that too, along with maybe some fender liner/mud flap modification.
Yessir. Ordered the SPCs and expect I will need +4* caster maxed out, remove the front mud flaps and trim the fender liners. Tires arrive tomorrow, wheels on Thursday, and then BP-51 lift scheduled for second week in September.

Super stoked about the Stealth wheels.

The SCS RAY 10 wheels in gun metal grey and Ridge Grappler 285/70r18 tires are in the house. Opening the SCS boxes was much like opening a packaged Apple product. Well packaged and included a personal note from the guys at SCS. Very impressed with the presentation.

Thanks to all the tire info posted by @mcgaskins who inspired the tire choice and @codyaustin5 for recommending the hub centric SCS wheels.

Will post pics once installed with BP-51 lift.

314A3421-A8ED-4F7E-9684-2A03BC96F7AF.jpeg

I have 17" Evo Corse Dakar wheels on my 2016 Land Cruiser. Only two fitment issues. With 33's the front tires rub on the mudflaps. I took a heatgun to them and reshaped them. The front wheels have to be balanced differently. The brake caliper just barely clears the wheel barrel. If you put wheel weights where the the caliper rests, They will rub against the caliper.

Wheels, tires and BP-51 lift installed.
SCS Ray 10s with 25 mm offset
285/70 R18 Nitto Ridge Gapplers with transformer side out (just shy 34” tall).

The front wheel well apex measured 35” before lift and now measures 39”. The rear well apex measures 36” and now measures 40.5” adding a bit of a rake but expect this to settle with time and once bumper, skids and sliders are added.

The rear diff is about 2” higher after lift attributable to increase in tire size by about 4” in diameter.

268AF7D4-B651-4749-AC3C-52B95C46BB2A.jpeg
255FEAB2-1582-4220-9D52-13910C0D3781.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom