OEM Radio + New Speakers - 1994 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has any one tried to use the factory radio and just replace the speakers? I have been reading that some people get an odd buzzing. I was trying to find a speaker that would accommodate the OEM radio. While I want to replace the radio, my wife wants to be nostalgic and keep the stock radio. Wife wins.

My 94 has OEM radio and I replaced back sub and door speakers. Pioneer speakers doors behind stock grills. Sounds perfectly fine and big improvement over dried out original cones. No odd buzzing ever. Audiophile gear at home in the 80 who cares. Ramones Mania and London Calling all you ever need on the road anyhow.

My 94 has OEM radio and I replaced back sub and door speakers. Pioneer speakers doors behind stock grills. Sounds perfectly fine and big improvement over dried out original cones. No odd buzzing ever. Audiophile gear at home in the 80 who cares. Ramones Mania and London Calling all you ever need on the road anyhow.
The speakers are pretty cheap; I might as well just try. I appreciate the info.

As an alternative to replacing the speakers (which, IIRC, are 8-ohm, and not the 4-ohm stuff you can buy now) you can recone them. It's just a matter of removing the old foam and gluing in new. That's all there is to "wear out" on a speaker anyway. When these system were new, they were very good. For a stock system.

FWIW, I put Polk Audio DB650s in my daughter's and they sound great.

Here was the link I recall:

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom