New Thule Trailer (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is my new Thule Trailer... just picked-up on Friday. Will use for camping and runs to Home Depot, etc. That plastic lid comes off. Tail-gate drops down. Not the most rugged trailer... but certainly not planning any off-road trips with it.

Quality looks great... it's light weight. Says it can haul 1,200 pounds... but I don't think I will that much.
Thule 1.jpg
Thule 2.jpg
Thule 3.jpg

2 more pics.
Thule 5.jpg
Thule  4.jpg

Interesting. Can you post a picture of the underside? How much did that set you back?

When I first saw one @ the local trailer shop I thought "hey, that lid looks like it might fit my 1/4 mil trailer". Well, unfortunately it won't.

will it fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood flat?Looks like it can do a 2x4(8 ft long). thanks for the pics.

what model is that?
I don't see it on a website....

cool though!

I passed by a few of those a couple weeks ago. Didn't get a close look, but they seem amusing enough.

not necessarily something that I'd take on a difficult trail, but not bad for what it is.
no idea on price...

I paid $1,425 for it. It's the larger of the two models. It's a 1700. They make a smaller one, the 1500.

The dimensions are 4' x 7'. The sides are roughly 16 inches high. I am planning to cut a board that fits the bottom, so I don't have to worry about banging-up the floor. The floor is made out of a rubber material so stuff doesn't move around too much.

It's mainly galvanized steel, with some aluminum parts.

I will get a picture of the underside for you.

It doesn’t have any brakes… doesn’t really need them.

Hope I answered most of the questions.

I saw Cabela’s is selling them… at least I saw them on their website. I bought this one from a local trailer dealer in Warrenton, VA.

And it is designed to stand on end for storing in the garage!

VA Runner- You've owned the Thule Trailer for about a year now. Can you give us any updates? I have one on order now. How has it held up? Are there tie down hooks on the inside? How hard is it to take the plastic lid off? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked the Trailer section of MUD in awhile, as you can tell.

The trailer is excellent. Have taken on several camping trips with the family. Used for hauling my son's cub scout troop equip to summer camp in July.

Only issue was a nail in one tire, which I had patched at a local gas station. Got me thinking about a spare, and the tire size is really hard to find. I think they are 145/80 13's. I called Thule and had a new wheel and tire delivered a few months ago for $80. So I now have a spare.

The trailer tracks great on the highway, no issues. Excellent visibility. Everywhere I go people ask about it. Perhaps the best feature that my wife and I have commented on is that you can access gear from 3 sides, with the top open. I even have a small LED light velcro'd to the inside of the plastic lid.

I have not removed the plastic lid, but it looks simple enought. Just a couple of gas struts on the sides.

And yes, there are tie-downs on the inside. 4 on each side.

Have taken on several camping trips with the family. Used for hauling my son's cub scout troop equip to summer camp in July.

got any pix?

Here are a couple of pics
trailer 1.jpg
Trailer 2.jpg
Trailer 3.jpg

If you want one of these Thule trailers hurry. They are no longer being imported and the last batches are going for several hundred dollars off the list price.
www.thuletrailers.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom