New T-case, again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New t-case #3 is on order. #1 UPS killed. #2 is leaking. The leaking drain plug seal was not the problem. It is the case that is leaking. The rear extension housing seal to case is leaking. Called a dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they had me fax my info and invoice to them and they will order me a new t-case under the 12 mo warranty. It doesn't get any easier. Except that I need to remove the t-case and drive 70 mi to get the new one.

I wounder if the leak is a known problem as the dealer called Toyota to see how to warranty it and they said to swap it out with a new one without even looking at it.
kurt

Got the new t-case. The dealer said there is only 4 HF2-AV left in the USA. I hope this one holds out!!!
kurt

Kurt,

Actually there is ONE in the country at the moment. It is at NAPCC in Ontario CA. It is not likely to be the last one shipped to the US. But If two guys need one of them tomorrow, one of them will be hosed for a few weeks :ugh:

:beer:

I got lucky, I think(had it not leaked I wouldn't need a new one). How many do they usually keep on hand?
kurt

One or two, Naturally the sales demand sets the stocking level. You may have single-handedly elevated it by one :ugh:

Kurt,

Don't get offended but have you considered having this one professionally installed?

-B-

If this one leaks, I will think of having it installed. It is not that big of a job. This time I tried to use a floor jack instead of the tranny jack attachment. It didn't go very well. When I used the tranny jack it was easy.
I own LC's for the reason of working on them my self. They are hobby vehicles. I would spend more time and $ fixing than having shop do the work. Every time I try to repair, it improves my learning curve. :G
kurt

Kurt,

isn't that how you broke your diff lock acuator? :dunno:

I kant remember ::) Without that problem, I would never of got to try the Downey Cable Locker kit.
kurt

Well,

Be careful. If yer not, you know where to find me. 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom