new shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 88 fj62 is is dire need of some new shocks. All mounts are stock, I have 1.5" over stock shackles front and rear with an add a leaf in the rear. with the tires and such I need something for stock+ approx 1.5" extra travel. Any reccomendations? Would really like to be out the door shipping ect. for around $225

OME on mine, I think I have the n88 in front and the n89 in the rear both are for a medium setup. I have MAF AAL's and the shocks work great with them. I dont have heavy bumpers and I dont tow much either. If you check the MAF website it might help your decision.
Good luck,
Paul

When I went SOA, I purchased a set of ProComp 9000s. I realize that these are not as sexy as the Bilsteins and OMEs of the world, but they actually do ride quite well and carry a solid warranty. These can be purchased at most 4x4 shops (4 Wheel Parts, etc.) but if you aren't in close proximity to such establishments, mine were only around $200 shipped. I think they're also currently running a manufacturer's mail in rebate that gives you 4 shocks for the price of 3. Happy hunting....

I have loved my Bistiens because I'm a freak and I feel compelled to revalve shocks to my liking and that can be done on many of the Billies. For off-the-shelf, my all time favorite (based on how the ride and nothing else) is the Skyjacker Softride Nitro. I liked these as well as anything I have ever tried. Interestingly enough, I hated the Skyjacker Hydros, too harsh. Buy them BY THE DIMENSIONS!!!! Measure your length extended and calculate the compressed length otherwise you stand a good chance of getting something that won't work as well as it should. I've been down that road a few times, it seems that after market literature on Land Cruisers isn't always accurate.

X2 on measuring and make sure the fronts are an upper stud mount rather than an eyelet mount.

Thanks, I ended up buying some Skyjacker nitro 8000's Found a good buy on them and they will have them here for less than the local Schwabbies wanted for their genereic ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom