New OME springs, somethings wrong (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lash

I think you have gotten good responses here, especially from Sadam and White stripe. Optimizing droop will invariably lead to moving either the shackle or the frame hanger. Once you have lifted the truck, the stock mounting points go from being sacred to being a convenience and a compromise. I have cut and moved hangers on two of my cruisers, and have plans to do so on the others as well.

It's all about the droop. I wrote an article about this called the Angle Of The Dangle. Was going to submit it to TLCA for publication. Then I had a huge falling out with them over the raffle truck and just shelved it. I should dig it out and just host it on my website. One of these days.

For reference, I swapped out some tires on the Karma Cruiser this morning. Got a pic with the relocated shackle hangers on that rig. Rides like a dream (2200 miles on and off road trip with it in 2019) and wheeled a 3+ trail at BHCC where everyone else was running 35s.
So is the shackle hanger just a un-rivet, remove, and bolt back up to the frame? no welding? I need to learn to weld LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom