New Metal Tech Tube Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look on page one, post #2.

For some reason the M8000 solenoid box does not fit the pre-drilled holes. Found this out when i went to temp. mount it while i gathered supplies for the engine bay remote mount, so no biggie just an FYI.

Mine did not come with the light tabs but Mark did make it right asap!! Love the bumper guys!

I have the Warn 9.5xp and this bumper, any advice on a good winch cover?

Warn has 2 listed, but no pics to even try and determine which would fit well.

I used the neoprene cover. Fits good and secure.
008.jpg

Have any custom upholstery shops? I'm sure you could get one made fairly cheap.

Just placed my order :D can't wait until I can run up there and pick it up!

Bump for a great front bump :cheers:

Thank you MetalTech! This is a thing of beauty :cheers: I love it. Excellent fitment.

:cheers:
2010 December - Tree and Portland 012 (Large).jpg
2010 December - Tree and Portland 011 (Large).jpg

Quick Update for fun.

Got a couple lights installed today. Cheap-o hella 55w util lights wired up to toyota haz switch.

Couldn't be happier with the bumper or setup. :D
IMG_2409 (Large).jpg
IMG_2410 (Large).jpg
IMG_2411 (Large).jpg

Uno mas pic....
IMG_2414 (Large).jpg

Just threw in a m8000. Bolted up perfect. :steer::clap:
warn.jpg

MT, question:
So are the final products supposed to have two or four light mounts? The one i bought in the SnT group buy has only two...

And Im trying to mount my m8000 solenoid pack but it seems to be hitting the gussets between the winch box and main tube. I bought the winch used som maybe i dont have the necassary hardware, its a "L" shaped bracket and MT's solenoid pack plate that came with.

Solenoid pack plate that came with? :hmm: I just bought mine and it did not have a plate. It took a while to get that )*(&#*%&W#%^ in there!!!

Photo attached. The bolts are not in the photo as the bumper was put on quick for the photos. Each frame side uses a total of 4 12mm bolts, two on top and two on bottom. This basically put a total of 4" of solid steel holding the bumper on the truck. Of course new US made and plated 12mm bolts are included with the bumpers.

Mark

...and I did not get new hardware either.

I have a question on this old thread, I just ordered the bumper from MT. Can you mount a hilift jack on the short stinger? Any one done that?

I would think you could, but it might get in the way of the headlights or winch.

Love my MT front (big hoop), I did end up filling in the tube gap and cutting in a high-lift points on each side; and used such points a time or two.

Thanks. That bumper has hit plenty of rocks and outcroppings out here in the NC mountains. Love it. And the sliders have been excellent too.

Love my front bumper still... but my Warn 9.5xp is driving me nuts. Second time I've needed to rebuild it for rusting and stuck brushes.

Has anybody fit one of the new Warn Winches with the integrated solenoids?

ZEON 12-S Platinum Winch

Considering I'm looking at $250 for a new motor and its time for a new rope... I'm likely 1/3 the way to a new winch.

I have a Warn HS9500i mounted on a MT tube bumper. This will require some trimming of the lower valance and a slight shift rearward of the transmission cooler. I used all of the existing brackets and a spacer or two to accomplish this. The brackets can be installed in reverse. I did it about three or four years ago so it’s not super fresh on my memory. I don’t know exactly how the dimenstions of the new winch compares to mine though.

My winch is from 2003 or 2004. I burned it up in deep snow a couple years ago. It cost $400 for a new motor and solenoids from the warn service center in Redding, CA but it was worth it due to the fact that mine was, other wise, in good condition, the HS is second in speed only to the 8274, and the price of new winches, that might be made in China, is very prohibitive.

I can provide pics and more info if you want.
Love my front bumper still... but my Warn 9.5xp is driving me nuts. Second time I've needed to rebuild it for rusting and stuck brushes.

Has anybody fit one of the new Warn Winches with the integrated solenoids?

ZEON 12-S Platinum Winch

Considering I'm looking at $250 for a new motor and its time for a new rope... I'm likely 1/3 the way to a new winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom