New Metal Tech Tube Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a fixture mocked up and I just need to bring a stock 80 in to verify fit before I weld everything in place on the fixture. Hopefully in the next week or two I can get an 80 in to do that.

Are you needing a stock 80 for a modification to this front bumper, or the rear bumper I've seen a few pictures of floating around?

My next week is hell, but I've got an 80 in Corvallis, and am free most of the second week in June if I can be of help. It's got a stock rear, ARB up front.

Been looking at your stuff for a while now, will need sliders and a rear when I can afford it.

Let me know if I can help in the meantime though.

Cheers,
JFS III

What about the option of light protectors, tubing coming off of the stinger and looping down to the main bumper to give the entire grill protection? Something like what's in this video at 2:40 ( YouTube - FUN RACE 4X4 PEDREGAL 2008 T-713 ). I love the Metal tech bumper though. It reminds me a lot of many of the Funrace 4x4 bumpers.

2:23 in this vid has a similar bumper, but the metal tech is better, it has a guard for the A/C. The next time I'm down there, I'm going to take a million pics of some of the great custom bumper designs down there. I then pick what I like best from each one and get metal tech to make me a hybrid custom.

YouTube - autana playa paraiso y fun race 4x4

Are you needing a stock 80 for a modification to this front bumper, or the rear bumper I've seen a few pictures of floating around?

My next week is hell, but I've got an 80 in Corvallis, and am free most of the second week in June if I can be of help. It's got a stock rear, ARB up front.

Been looking at your stuff for a while now, will need sliders and a rear when I can afford it.

Let me know if I can help in the meantime though.

Cheers,
JFS III

The green 80 series on the first page is the one I have available. I just need to find a time to grab it from the owner to verify fit with the fender flares. Otherwise I am ready to go with it.

What about the option of light protectors, tubing coming off of the stinger and looping down to the main bumper to give the entire grill protection? Something like what's in this video at 2:40 ( YouTube - FUN RACE 4X4 PEDREGAL 2008 T-713 ). I love the Metal tech bumper though. It reminds me a lot of many of the Funrace 4x4 bumpers.

2:23 in this vid has a similar bumper, but the metal tech is better, it has a guard for the A/C. The next time I'm down there, I'm going to take a million pics of some of the great custom bumper designs down there. I then pick what I like best from each one and get metal tech to make me a hybrid custom.

We haven't really thought about additional tubing on our tube bumper. We wanted to keep things light and simple w/o looking like a bird cage. If you would like some additional tubing added to the existing design I can certainly do that for an additional cost. Let me know what you are thinking and I can get you an estimate. Thank you!

Does the rear bumper design accomodate swingouts. Or is the bumper for increasing departure angles/less weight.

You are a craftsman/Metalworker. Good job. I'm getting this and sliders when I get back from "da Sandbox."

MT, question:
So are the final products supposed to have two or four light mounts? The one i bought in the SnT group buy has only two...

And Im trying to mount my m8000 solenoid pack but it seems to be hitting the gussets between the winch box and main tube. I bought the winch used som maybe i dont have the necassary hardware, its a "L" shaped bracket and MT's solenoid pack plate that came with.

I must say I love it... So much that I think I will be moving to Orergon just to be closer to your Greatness.. I love that it kind of has that southern California Pre runner look as well...And the price I'm sold ka-ching $$$ well I guess I better start working some over time to buy all the sweet products you guys put out.

Mark or LT, you should edit the original post to reflect the $699 price that you charge now.

How about a Mile Marker 12K Winch...will that fit in there? I don't care about a Warn Winch....I don't use electric winches on any of my trucks...never will.

That video has been removed. Did you or anyone have any screen captures or pictures?

What about the option of light protectors, tubing coming off of the stinger and looping down to the main bumper to give the entire grill protection?

I like the extra bars, as most of the wheeling I do here in BC is in lots of trees and bush, I need to protect those expensive headlights.
80bumper.jpg

MT, question:
So are the final products supposed to have two or four light mounts? The one i bought in the SnT group buy has only two...

And Im trying to mount my m8000 solenoid pack but it seems to be hitting the gussets between the winch box and main tube. I bought the winch used som maybe i dont have the necassary hardware, its a "L" shaped bracket and MT's solenoid pack plate that came with.

The M8000 has a remote solenoid. You should be able to take it off the winch and move it to wherever you need/want to.

How about a Mile Marker 12K Winch...will that fit in there? I don't care about a Warn Winch....I don't use electric winches on any of my trucks...never will.

As far as I know, MT has never tried to mount a hydro winch to the bumper. I would do some internet searching and see what the mounting bolt pattern is and see if the overall size of the winch is compatable with a winch we know fits.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but would an 8274 fit in these?

Not without modification to the bumper and probably your grille. The 8274 mounts from the front, not the bottom.:cheers:

We used a Warn 9.5XP as the standard, any other winch that has the similar over all size will fit. Just compare the dimensions on your winch manufacture of choice's web site.

I would like to see pics of how the bumper attaches to the frame .

Photo attached. The bolts are not in the photo as the bumper was put on quick for the photos. Each frame side uses a total of 4 12mm bolts, two on top and two on bottom. This basically put a total of 4" of solid steel holding the bumper on the truck. Of course new US made and plated 12mm bolts are included with the bumpers.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but would an 8274 fit in these?

No. Since we tuck the winch back between the frame rails for the best possible approach angle an 8274 would not fit. To fit an 8274 you would need a bumper to stick out almost 8" more just to clear the winch. I love that winch but could not sacrifice that much approach angle to run it. The 9.5 XP I have been running on the truck has never been stalled by my 6500lb trail built 80.

Mark
frame mounts.jpg

I've been getting my bumper threads all mixed up (I have been looking at lot's of options), and in the Slee vs ARb thread there was a tube bumper posted that would be more in line with what you guys produce.

Pics here : IH8MUD.com - View Single Post - Slee vs ARB front winch bumpers?

While I very much like your new front bumpers, I want/need more light protection. Any ideas on something like those pictures?

Just ordered mine... bare w/ the tall stinger.

Can't wait. It is going to kill me to wait for the paint to dry.

any pics of the one with the tall stinger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom