new member just arrived from Iceland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

show it off at rising sun's snow and pizza run this sunday :D

I would do it if it wouldn't bother me that I might not be able to run along, behind or, in case of Rick, in front of the rest of the gang on trails, as well as not being bothered by the fact that you would not be able to recoup(sp) most of the $$$$ invested when it comes time for you to sell it (same with any other mods I guess).

Welcome!

Mot :)

Most likely you will lose money on it. It is almost impossible to get your money out of a modified rig, you have to find the excact right buyer who has a lot of cash. Not a concern for most of us, we know that going into it. Now if you could have brought that diesel 80 with you, you might have turned a profit!!
By the way, welcome :flipoff2:

Mr Iceland ... you know Baldvin at all? I used to chat with him over there on this very topic. His 80 was the colour of your first pic in this thread. Modded as you suggested, with 38 ground hawgs. He was on that site from which you pulled the pic of the nice green 80 with the great flares.

:cheers:

TY

how much

hi everybody

how much do you all think would be a fair pricetag, like today !! for a 1994 lc80 with 144thousand on the clock, lifted with 36-38" tires and the same fenders as the maroon one ?

just what you all think is fair !!!!!

thank you all:)

Lemme get this straight...

1) You're from Iceland; you're now in Colorado.

2) All of the pic's in this thread are of vehicles in Iceland.

3) The first pic. is/was your vehicle when you were in Iceland, or else you had one very much like it.

4) You've now bought a US 80 series in Colorado.

5) Where are the pic's of the US 80?

6) You're wondering what the US resale value would be if you build up your US 80 like your Icelandic 80.

Yes?

Curtis

absolutely right

yes
you got it all right, I was just wondering.

would like to get some feedbacks from you guys on what would be fair, so that I can see if I could come out just about even if you get what I mean....

Mr.Iceland said:
... so that I can see if I could come out just about even if you get what I mean....

As it's been said before/above, you will not (even) get close to what you put into it when it comes time to part with your vehicle. I guess it depends on what your definition of "about even" is. ;)

While many of us may be fond of the looks of the Icdelandic Cruisers, few of us are actually willing to fork out the $$$$ to acquire/build one, just like most of us would love to drive an 80 with forced induction, but few of us have one under the hood.

We do it for the love of it, not for the economics of it, right guys? :rolleyes: ;)

If you love driving an Icelandic 80 and have the funds to make it happen, then do it and enjoy it for the next two years. Heck, you may just end up staying there for a little (a LOT) longer than you originally planned. :D

Anyway, good luck with it!!

Mot

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

...you should've brought the diesel 80 with you. :frown:

Welcome!

Can your friend ship your 80 in pieces to Colorado? Kidding!

Mr.Iceland said:
hi everybody

how much do you all think would be a fair pricetag, like today !! for a 1994 lc80 with 144thousand on the clock, lifted with 36-38" tires and the same fenders as the maroon one ?

just what you all think is fair !!!!!

thank you all:)

I'm not sure, maybe smeone correct me if is necsary, but how many TLC 80 series with 38" tires you can find in US .. ? I thought not much, so if you add big fenders pretty hard to find it ..

Well I want to ask .. did you reegear those TLC to move those 38" tires . ? turbo mods . ? brake mods . ? intercooler . ?

Just stumbled on these pics today. Not quite an Icelandic Cruiser. Not quite a US cruiser. It's a JDM cruiser. That's some serious body lift.

image.php

image.php

just say what you think

hi you all

I just wanted people to say what they personally think is fair, nothing else. what would you be willing to pay for a car like the icelandic ones ... thats all.

" I John Doe think 8000; 10000; 12000 .......... is fair ":)

thats all ...

thank you all very much :)

I guess I would not get an Icelandic Cruiser unless the environment which I lived or wheeled necessitated that type of modification.

I, along with many others on the board, like their appearance, but a lot of us value function over looks. I think when something (or someone :D ) is ugly but it does something better than anything (anybody) else, then it becomes "cool" to, at least to me; function over form(?).

With that said, for the '94(?) you described earlier I would pay around $5000US so I could spend the rest of the $$$($) to modify(?) it into something that would fit my needs.

Don't get me wrong though, I think they look REALLY cool, but just not my cup of (green) tea. ;)

Mot :)

hoser said:
Just stumbled on these pics today. Not quite an Icelandic Cruiser. Not quite a US cruiser. It's a JDM cruiser. That's some serious body lift.

image.php

I like those rear doors!!:D

Mr.Iceland said:
hi you all

I just wanted people to say what they personally think is fair, nothing else. what would you be willing to pay for a car like the icelandic ones ... thats all.

" I John Doe think 8000; 10000; 12000 .......... is fair ":)

thats all ...

thank you all very much :)
I'd give you $100 but that would have to include shipping to buggerville, nj.

Hello Mr.Iceland,

I really do like the Icelandic cruisers. I live in Canada and enjoy spending time playing the the snow and going on expeditions. I have a few artic trips already planned.

My hope was to create a cross between an Icelandic cruiser and a typical modded domestic one. I was thinking 35" and a 3" OME or 4" Slee Lift. As I said I am not into crawling so I don't often flex out. (I might end up with 33's for now though)

I was wondering in Iceland, what do most people do with gearing? I bet most of you are running a 1HD-T (as am I). Do you stay stock 4.10? go 4.88s? Typically speaking I see most people running 35-38"s over there.

Also I have always wondered what sort of fuel millage do they get. I work in both MPG and Liters per KM or Liters per 100Km. If you give MPG please let me know if you use US Gallons (3.78liters) or Imperial Gallons (4.4 Liters)

Thanks,
Nick

Welcome! I've followed threads on this over the years, getting special parts from Iceland seems to be one common financial problem. I used to fly there several times a year, usually with an empty 100' cargo bay. If the military grabs me back I'll be happy to help, otherwise it seems you face the same problems of getting those parts. I'd love to be able to drive someone else's Iceland rig, but wouldn't own one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom