new member just arrived from Iceland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Add a 2" body lift .. and run 38's :grinpimp:

gettin there

Hi everyone

I just wanted to put some pictures in of my car, it's gettin done. just some finishing tuches and a probably a bodylift left.

the tires are trxus are 36x14.5x16 and wheels are 16x10

enjoy

618678_43_full.jpg

618678_42_full.jpg

this pictures shows a little bit off trail,just the trail I drive to go shootin, not much butt it didn't rub or nothin....

I just don't think non-native built (Iceland) 80's come off quite the same ..

How far did you space the bump stops?

Any rubbing with the 14.5's on 10's?? :eek:

TY

Did you get the fender flares shipped from Iceland? I need a set and don't want to make my own if I can get them for a fair price. Love the rig too, nice compromise between what they use in the snow and what is practical over here.

Post a link or phone number of who I can contact about those kick ass flares.

Thanks!

FJ809496TLC said:
Check this site out then click on brettakantar.http://formverk.is/ :)

Thanks for the link. I just wish it was in the US and the website in English. Do you know any prices and if those guys will ship to the US? I wonder how many Toyota owners would buy those flares if they were available here, 80 owners and otherwise?

Call the number on their web site. They speak English and they will ship to U.S.. It was around $950.00 shipped about 2 years ago.Make sure you specify which kit you need. They make one for 38" tires and one for 44".Try to pm Mr.Iceland, he ordered a complete set not too long ago. I'll buy a couple of sets when I get ready to do the mods.

Last edited:
FJ809496TLC said:
Call the number on their web site. They speak English and they will ship to U.S.. It was around $950.00 shipped about 2 years ago.Make sure you specify which kit you need. They make one for 38" tires and one for 44".Try to pm Mr.Iceland, he ordered a complete set not too long ago. I'll buy a couple of sets when I get ready to do the mods.

$950!!! Holy friggin crap that's alot of money for flares! Are you really gonna buy two sets at that price? I think I can make my stock flares work with some time invested. They'll be smaller and they won't look as nice, but it'll cost me about $40. I'll take the $910 I save and buy a winch or something that will actually help me on the trail.

When I first spoke with them, they haven't shipped anything to the U.S.. They said they were going to try this one company and get a price from them. They will also give a price break on the the second set and shipping charge was the same from one to three sets. They probably found a more economical way to ship it by now. Have you pm'd Mr. Iceland?

FJ809496TLC said:
When I first spoke with them, they haven't shipped anything to the U.S.. They said they were going to try this one company and get a price from them. They will also give a price break on the the second set and shipping charge was the same from one to three sets. They probably found a more economical way to ship it by now. Have you pm'd Mr. Iceland?

I already tried to get some info from him but he dosent seem to care, so I am not going to waste my time emailing him again

If you're serious about getting them and have no other way, I can get you the same flares you see on neowulf's rig, from Japan.

Mot :hillbilly:

mot said:
If you're serious about getting them and have no other way, I can get you the same flares you see on neowulf's rig, from Japan.

Mot :hillbilly:

Hey Mot,
How much are they from Japan?

kennyv0826 said:
Hey Mot,
How much are they from Japan?

I'm afraid those specific fenders are even more:)eek: ) than $950, so this might put an end to your interest. ;)

PM me and we can talk about it if you'd like.
There are other flares, too, but I imagine they don't cost that different. I can check if you'd like though.

Mot

I may be interested down the road, but I can't justify that much cash right now for something that is essentially cosmetic. I will let you know if that changes though and you let me know if you find some for a better price.

Flares

Hi everyone

I do care, if I can help anyone here just send a pm. I was really busy when he emailed me .... hunting hogs in texas...

But anyway if you need any names of companies or are having trouble comunicating with them just send me a pm and I will see what I can do.

Also there are a lot of other flares sold back home that in my opinion look very very good. You can check out some of the websites here below and I can help you if you want....

jeppaplast.is - maybe this one will not work, try it though
brettakantar.is - good Quality, make most of the fenders for Arcitc Trucks
formverk.is
samtak.is
fjallasport.is

This should get you all started :)

ps. my truck is now up for sale, need to get rid of it, to big project for me while I am here in school and not allowed to work.....
.. pm me if interrested and talk price, will be fair, it will be on ebay soon (has been once, doh). I have some pictures (regular and wheeling) that I can email if you want.

Thanks for the PM Mr I. If there isn't a company making flares for the 80 in the US I would like to know who is interested in getting a set because I have connections in China/Korea through a business partner that could most likely manufature the flares for MUCH cheaper than the current price they are available for. We would need to make sure we could sell enough though to make it worth while and get a fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom