New member/Chapel Hill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys and gals.

My name is Gary and I recently bought my second Cruiser a 1995 Triple Locked Green/Brown FJZ80 with 325k miles. My previous LX was nice but a bit of a rust bucket so I moved it along to a new owner fairly quickly before digging in.

I know our area is a hotbed for cruisers and enthusiasts in general so after stalking this forum for a few months I wanted to introduce myself and ask a few quick questions.

We are in the midst of the covid shutdown so I have a bit of extra time to do some light wrenching and upkeep, but afterwards I wanted to see if anyone with a semi-stock FJ80 would be willing to let me look at it or do a quick drive in it to compare to my rig as it sits.
I figure that talking with someone in person and having flaws and highpoints shown to me would be invaluable. If anyone is willing please post or pm me. I will happily supply beer or snacks for an hour or two of your time.

I will start a build thread with pictures once I can get it on my lift at my folk's place in a few weeks. Currently sourcing parts locally has been a pain as even though I work for Hendrick Auto the Toyota store refused to discount anything even after bringing up my ONSC membership. Frustrating.

Sorry for the jumbled intro. Glad to be a part of the family again and ready to get my cruiser up to snuff.

Welcome Gary, mine not stock but, like most of us more then happy to talk. i'm straight down 751 in south fuquay

Hey guys and gals.

My name is Gary and I recently bought my second Cruiser a 1995 Triple Locked Green/Brown FJZ80 with 325k miles. My previous LX was nice but a bit of a rust bucket so I moved it along to a new owner fairly quickly before digging in.

I know our area is a hotbed for cruisers and enthusiasts in general so after stalking this forum for a few months I wanted to introduce myself and ask a few quick questions.

We are in the midst of the covid shutdown so I have a bit of extra time to do some light wrenching and upkeep, but afterwards I wanted to see if anyone with a semi-stock FJ80 would be willing to let me look at it or do a quick drive in it to compare to my rig as it sits.
I figure that talking with someone in person and having flaws and highpoints shown to me would be invaluable. If anyone is willing please post or pm me. I will happily supply beer or snacks for an hour or two of your time.

I will start a build thread with pictures once I can get it on my lift at my folk's place in a few weeks. Currently sourcing parts locally has been a pain as even though I work for Hendrick Auto the Toyota store refused to discount anything even after bringing up my ONSC membership. Frustrating.

Sorry for the jumbled intro. Glad to be a part of the family again and ready to get my cruiser up to snuff.
Hey Gary- Welcome! I also live in Chapel Hill. FYI- the guys in parts at Mark Jacobson have been great about discounting parts for me. Very helpful group. -Ted

Welcome! Join up officially and get the club discount at Fred Anderson Toyota. It's not the closest drive, but depending on what you need it could be worth it! I also have a triple locked 95 with 282k on it, but mine has some modifications, along with rust!

Welcome! Join up officially and get the club discount at Fred Anderson Toyota. It's not the closest drive, but depending on what you need it could be worth it! I also have a triple locked 95 with 282k on it, but mine has some modifications, along with rust!
And hopefully a big fat turbo ;):p

Welcome Gary! Once we are past this virus mess, hopefully you can come to one of the monthly dinners we have in north Raleigh.

Very few of us have stock 80's for comparison but most of them drive pretty well. Personally, I would like to know what a stock 80 feels like compared to my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom