New King Springs - AHC issue - ECU reset? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another option if you find yourself routinely having to mess with the airbags is to add 30mm spacers to your old and tired OEM springs. That tends to correct pressures better than new OEM springs and maintains a spring rate very close to OEM.
Hmmm, I had actually already bought them but then thought maybe these are really just a stop gap. But it sounds like this is actually a better route than new springs? I just ordered a set of springs, but I can shift them on eBay or Mud if that's the case.

Hmmm, I had actually already bought them but then thought maybe these are really just a stop gap. But it sounds like this is actually a better route than new springs? I just ordered a set of springs, but I can shift them on eBay or Mud if that's the case.
I'm not sure I follow your post. I can't tell what you bought and what might be a stop gap.

Airbags are great for towing and other highly variable loads (empty car vs 6 people and gear).

30mm spacers are great for overcoming weak old springs and providing a small bit of extra cargo capacity.

Both solutions will get your AHC functioning correctly and the best approach depends on your use of the vehicle.

I'm not sure I follow your post. I can't tell what you bought and what might be a stop gap.

Airbags are great for towing and other highly variable loads (empty car vs 6 people and gear).

30mm spacers are great for overcoming weak old springs and providing a small bit of extra cargo capacity.

Both solutions will get your AHC functioning correctly and the best approach depends on your use of the vehicle.
OK, sorry, didn't mean to muddy the waters. This morning I bought some new springs, but I already had the spacers and air bags on hand waiting to install them. I ordered the springs as I've seen others comment that this isn't *really* a solution, long term. I just got the vibe from your post that these are a good solution and sometimes a better solution, is all.

OK, sorry, didn't mean to muddy the waters. This morning I bought some new springs, but I already had the spacers and air bags on hand waiting to install them. I ordered the springs as I've seen others comment that this isn't *really* a solution, long term. I just got the vibe from your post that these are a good solution and sometimes a better solution, is all.
No worries. New OEM springs seem to have mixed results. Sometimes it moves pressures a tad, sometimes it doesn't do much of anything. Spacers, however, are a reliable way to pull down rear pressures and generally not aggressive enough to negatively impact ride quality if you're at stock weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom