KTR79 Springs and AHC Graduations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. New to this world but loving the info that’s been shared around.

I’ve been reading heaps of threads about AHC as it new to me.

Driving 1998 100 Series VX Limited. Original globes (dated 1998 on stickers) and unknown when last AHC flush occurred.

First thing I did was got myself a Techstream cable and tested pressures. Very high (front 8.4 and rear 10!). My graduations were also not great, about 6-7. Car still drove very comfortably and got from high to low no problem without issues on my day to day use when I wanted it to. Ride heights seemed fine too.

I also hooked up my caravan and went for a test drive. 2.5tone tandem caravan & about 180kg downball. When I first hooked van on the car struggled to sit in N and went down into L. I unhooked van, put it into high then lowered it to N with van attached. Car stayed in N for test drive but it looked to sit lower than I’d like. Worried it will drop to N if I get a big bump.

As a result I decided to order new globes + AHC fluid to address part of the problem. (just arrived a few days ago). I booked in car for new kings (ktrs-79) springs…and probably went over the top but ordered airbag man bags too (thought it can’t hurt and will leave them run pretty much flat unless I’m towing heavy)

KTRS-79 King Springs and air bags went in today. Car went into L and H fine. I just checked my graduations and pressures. Graduations are now about 12! And rear pressures are back in spec range (about 6.4). Front is slightly high (around 7.8)

My questions are
- Is this normal/to be expected? To go from 6 graduations to 12 just by changing springs? And get pretty much in spec for pressure?
- Should I still be putting the new gloves in now regardless? Or should I just leave it as is for now and keep checking in on the system?

I thinking put them in anyway now that I’ve got them now but thought I’d ask out here for any advice first. Plan on going on big trip with loaded car and caravan over Christmas if that impacts anyone’s opinions.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom