New gx460 bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else planning on ordering the new GX460 bumper from off road warehouse? This and the CBI covert are the only 2 bumpers I really like, all the other bumpers for the 460 stick out way too much for my liking. Also this one keeps the factory sensors, with ARB and clones you lose some functionality.

Between this one and the CBI, the CBI is lighter and lower profile, but this one seems to improve the approach angles, especially in the front corners which is really the main reason I want a bumper in the first place.

1606668655960.png

Last edited:
This is my favorite bumper, but I want to see one in person first. Hopefully it’s popular so I get a chance.

Not enough grill & head lamp protection for my liking

Just had an '11 GX 460 repaired for a deer strike with an Iron Man bumper

That's how I know
Have to agree with the lack of protection for the grill and lights.
It wouldn't take much to punch through the grill and headlight.
But... I do like the lines!
If someone gets the manufacturer, please add them to the product sticky thread!

I believe the manufacturer is DV8 but it’s being sold through off road warehouse. They’re having a Black Friday sale right now that ends soon

i don’t mine the lack of protection, for my use that’s pretty low in the priority list because there’s not a whole lot of wildlife roaming around the desert. I wanted a bumper with better clearance and the ability to mount a winch.

I’m glad I waited because I was getting impatient and was gonna go with the Ironman/dobinsons/ARB style but I really don’t like the massive look and how much they protrude beyond the front. IMO the GX already has a huge nose, no need to exaggerate it even more with a giant bumper. The CBI looks even cleaner but not sure it provides enough clearance and protection in the front corners since it mostly keeps the factory lines in that area. That tends to be the area where I want the most clearance.

CBI

1606704174228.jpeg

Ironman
1606703689294.jpeg

ORW
1606703718140.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a good looking bumper, been seeing it on the original truck it was developed with on Instagram for a while now. It gives you better access to the winch and visibility to the spool that the CBI lacks, but living in an area where large animal strikes are a part of your every day routine leaves bumpers like this off my radar. You should have seen how much damage I incurred with the simple 10 mph fender bender I was in, forget about an actual full on collision or animal strike. I realize the full replacement bumpers aren't for everyone, I don't care all that much for the look myself in part because of how exaggerated the nose of the GX already is, but it serves a purpose and I have the need. @Armed in Utah is a prime example of why most should consider a full replacement bumper.

We have deer, elk, bears and plenty of cattle roaming. Let alone making the trip to Canada where there are moose as well. If your planning to never leave your local area then I get wanting a minimal bumper. At least access to the winch is good. My Ironman bumper is just a placeholder.

We have deer, elk, bears and plenty of cattle roaming. Let alone making the trip to Canada where there are moose as well. If your planning to never leave your local area then I get wanting a minimal bumper. At least access to the winch is good. My Ironman bumper is just a placeholder.

Sounds like you have another bumper yet to be released up your sleeve. Color me intrigued.

If the DV8 had been available when I bought mine, I would have chosen it over the CBI because the cut lines are simpler and cleaner. I get the argument for full bumper with more protection, but for me the simple / clean lines of the "lesser" bumpers while still providing winch mount and *some* increased frontal clearance is better.

I'm overall happy with my CBI, and I love the way it looks - subtle, but still there.

that DV8 bumper was available for pre-order around black Friday. If I had the cash in hand I would have gone for it. Maybe next year.

Have to agree with the lack of protection for the grill and lights.
It wouldn't take much to punch through the grill and headlight.
But... I do like the lines!
If someone gets the manufacturer, please add them to the product sticky thread!

yep

headlamps are $1100 a pop.......

saw that on my repair order.......:(

Deer.....Elk........free ranging black cows at midnight......

yep

headlamps are $1100 a pop.......

saw that on my repair order.......:(

Deer.....Elk........free ranging black cows at midnight......

We were coming in late one night in northeastern Utah finishing the UTBDR around 1 am and found those free range black cows. Lots of good light saved the day but the back up bull bar was nice insurance.

So you got the truck back fully repaired now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom