New FJ62 window switch assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My window switch assembly was in pretty rough shape and one of the switches wasnt working. I bought a new one from switch doctor. It was $88. It only comes in brown. The description says you can easily swap the outside trim from your old one. I got the switch in about 2 days. It is very high quality with the same connectors and colors on the wires.

You cant swap the trim, as the switches are built in. At least I couldn't. I had to swap one wire in the harness to match my old one, so compare the wires closely. I ended up painting mine and it turned out pretty good. I used a small sponge brush to remove the paint from chrome letters right after i painted it.

Good purchase, but needs some work to make it right.

I guess it is possible to take apart a switch and clean the contacts, but my switches and trim were rough looking.

Toyota Land Cruiser Window Switch 1984-1988

20180806_195752 (002).jpg

Awesome. Thanks for the tip - I wasn't aware of that source. And my interior is brown!

The switch doctor switch honestly seems like better quality than the original, but the wiring in the connector is usually wrong. But if you stare at it, the OEM connector and the wiring diagram, you can figure it out. In my case the 2 reds were reversed and 1 was actually in the wrong slot. Other than that, it's a good switch. As a bonus, mine is also auto up! That may mean a wire is out of place, still, but I like it and so have left it be.

Hi, I also bought one from him. It was defective,he quickly sent a new one. Good guy. Mike

I purchased one from them a few years ago, also in brown. To get the front passneger window to work, I had to move one contact pin in the connector, and I found directions to do so here. It now works like a charm, but I am also going to paint mine and just last week purchased the paint to do so: SEM Color Coat in Graphite (code 15303). After I get it done, and back in the car. I'll try to get a photo to post.

What paint did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom