New FJ40 owner in Alexandria (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I wanted to introduce myself, as others have suggested. I am the new owner of a 1982 FJ40 passed down to me by my father. It has been garaged and not run since 1996. I am sure getting it on the road again will be a long process, and I will need a lot of help. I have never attempted anything like this before.

I look forward to officially joining your club and meeting all of you.

Below are a couple pics of the project:

50954.jpeg

50955.jpeg

50956.jpeg

Welcome, this is the right place for help. Good looking project and will be worth the time and effort. Look forward to meeting you

Welcome, you've come to the right place.

Thank your for not calling it an "FJ".

:cheers:

He's been properly flogged for another indiscretion. :rofl:

... that the Land Rover would be going to me...

:facepalm:

Repeat after me.... "Land Cruiser, FJ40, Cruiser, 40, Land Cruiser, FJ40, Cruiser, 40, Land Cruiser FJ40, Cruiser, 40."

Just pulling your leg, but that might be just a bit worse than calling it a Jeep. :grinpimp:

Welcome! Congrats on the cruiser - hope your tetanus shot is up to date!

Dash pad looks nice. Looks like it has plenty of character.

Welcome, glad you're joining the club and looking forward to seeing your 40. I read your other thread and would recommend California Car Cover if it will live outside. Their Stormweave is an expensive cover, but it's great protection. I would bet they have the pattern for a stock 40 and they can customize covers as well.

I thought that looked like factory A/C vents.

Welcome. Wait, I can't see if the Bezel Police needs to be informed. Nice to see another blue '40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom