New Falken A/T4W (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This video seems to do a good job of explaining the new AT4W.

NVM, someone already posted the same video.

Interesting thread, and good information on tread wear. I know AT tires wear faster than highway tires do, but these pics make me like my Defenders even more. At 35k miles they still look great. Granted this is with limited and easy off road use, but with a fair number of towing miles in the Florida summer heat.View attachment 3532765
Ha, that's funny! I'm new to AT tires with my current set of BFG KO2s being my first and with 5,200 miles on them, I'm almost upset at how new they look.

I was so used to literally wearing down tires to the wires around 3,000-5,000 miles on my racecars that even the 5,200 miles seems like an eternity in tire life to me.

Ha, that's funny! I'm new to AT tires with my current set of BFG KO2s being my first and with 5,200 miles on them, I'm almost upset at how new they look.

I was so used to literally wearing down tires to the wires around 3,000-5,000 miles on my racecars that even the 5,200 miles seems like an eternity in tire life to me.

I know that feeling. I wanted my KO2's to wear faster so I could move on to something else. :rofl:

Ive put over 4000 miles on my AT4s now from a trip, I really like them! They give the super aggressive sideway look I wanted. Much quieter than K02s and very comfortable on the highway. I haven't decided what PSI to run them daily driving/highway. 40 psi doesn't seem to give a mpg improvement over 33 psi.

Took them offroad about 100 miles, and they did great. This trip wasn't super technical stuff but they performed really well.
Getting close to my first tire rotation with them! 285 70R17 fits in the spare tire perfectly, so I went with 5.

IMG_1301.jpeg

Ive put over 4000 miles on my AT4s now from a trip, I really like them! They give the super aggressive sideway look I wanted. Much quieter than K02s and very comfortable on the highway. I haven't decided what PSI to run them daily driving/highway. 40 psi doesn't seem to give a mpg improvement over 33 psi.

Took them offroad about 100 miles, and they did great. This trip wasn't super technical stuff but they performed really well.
Getting close to my first tire rotation with them! 285 70R17 fits in the spare tire perfectly, so I went with 5.

View attachment 3587981
what tire did you come from and how's the mpg difference? I want to go with these but that tire weight has me second guessing? they look great!

what tire did you come from and how's the mpg difference? I want to go with these but that tire weight has me second guessing? they look great!
Well it was stock before this lol. I haven't noticed a difference in mpg somehow. I get about 10-13 city/ 15 highway, according to the truck, I haven't taken the time to actually measure it on paper.

I recently put on the AT4’s in a 285/65 SL. I’m coming from Michelin Defenders (285/60 XL) which I had for only 1500 miles before I wanted to switch them out. I know a lot of people love the Michelins, but I did not like how they felt squishy during turn in and throughout a corner. Straight line on a highway they were fine but I didn’t like how they felt over square edge bumps. The tire just felt unrefined to me unless going straight on smooth surfaces. I ran them at 33psi cold.

It’s been snowing a lot here so I’ve only done a couple of short trips on the AT4s but right off the bat I noticed the stiffer sidewall and a more planted on center feel. They look good too. I’ll report back when I get more miles in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom