New Carpet Turned out Great!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20200119_103229.jpg
20200119_103248.jpg
20200119_103319.jpg

Damn. That looks fantastic. Nice work!

On that note... how much work was it - how "finished" was the carpet? I put an ACC carpet in my '84 this week. It fit the contours perfectly, but needed 4"-6" of trimming at all four sides and all bolt holes had to be cut. I think this is the case with all (or both ;)) carpet suppliers... for all applications.

Valarie is great!
The carpet was delivered real fast!
I had my seats redone in vinyl, feels like a new vehicle after having her for 12 years

New stereo system tomorrow then it's time to toughen her exterior up a bit.

I bought the carpet w the mass backing 300 bucks and paid 250. to have it installed. i couldnt save the old carpet; it tore when he was pulling it out. Wasnt really worth saving anyways.
Seats and center console were 600.00 to redo in vinyl.

Looks great. Do you feel the truck is any quieter than stock inside with the mass backing verse the original carpet?

Damn. That looks fantastic. Nice work!

On that note... how much work was it - how "finished" was the carpet? I put an ACC carpet in my '84 this week. It fit the contours perfectly, but needed 4"-6" of trimming at all four sides and all bolt holes had to be cut. I think this is the case with all (or both ;)) carpet suppliers... for all applications.
It needed trimming for all of the seat bars and the sides. Wasnt to bad. Rather have more than less. :)

... and paid 250. to have it installed.

$250 to install seems very reasonable. I spent 3+ hours on a little mini truck Saturday... and the seats and old carpet were already out ;) Oh, that doesn't include time laying down the FatMat (sound deadening). That was another couple hours.

Your interior looks damn good. We may need more info on those seats too... vinyl huh?

I'm also interested to know more about the vinyl. Ready-made or custom built for you? I don't mind leather in a used car but I try not to be the first-user for animal products these days and try to seek alternatives when possible. (I'm very happy to finally see manufacturers offering non-leather options in high-end cars.)

I found the fog lights on amazon. They fit fine. i did have a problem with some headlights. The connections did not match so i had to send them back.

Correction, took her on the highway today and noticed the difference with the mass backing. I guess it would be worth it if you were on the highway a lot.

I'm also interested to know more about the vinyl. Ready-made or custom built for you? I don't mind leather in a used car but I try not to be the first-user for animal products these days and try to seek alternatives when possible. (I'm very happy to finally see manufacturers offering non-leather options in high-end cars.)

Sorry its taken so long to reply. To answer your question i had them custom built. I just went to a local upholstery guy and he replaced the leather w vinyl for about 600.00 bucks. I've had the leather in the back seat cleaned and redyed. The spray dy hasnt held up for as long as i thought it would. Then again i have a 6yr old back there every day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom