New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this the other day. I will wait for reviews, but I have always liked the KOs so if they did up their performance to match other aggresive ATs I will be very interested.

First thoughts: I like the new sidewall pattern but I don't see the rim protector that the KOs have. Maybe it is just the photos. It doesn't look like these have any more void space than the old ones, so mud traction may be unimproved. Doesn't look like as much siping as in the old ones either. We shall see.

I thought something might be up at BFG when the Dakar prepped LC200's were wearing BFG MT's instead of the AT's they had used previously.

Can't be perceived well if a competitor in an all-terrain event like Dakar chooses a mud terrain tire offering over the same company's all terrain tire.

:whoops:

Looks pretty good and the sidewall looks a lot like the new Rugged Terrain. Hope that these do better in the snow and slush than the predecessor.

We are testing 7 sets on one of my commercial customers up here in Grande Prairie. they look really good in person. they have opened up the outside lugs. will keep you guys updated on the performance. We will be installing them in the next 2 weeks

Last edited:
If you can please take lots of pics!!! Still have plenty I life on the tire the PO put on my 60 but I want something more aggressive.

I'm pretty interested in these. KM2's were on my truck when I bought her but have gotten pretty chunky and worn and I'm starting to shop around for my next set. Thought I'd made up my mind on some AT KO's but if an update is around to corner I may wait.

This is the response I received from BFG when I asked for a release date.

"The All-Terrain T/A KO2 is expected to be available in the 4th quarter of 2014.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich."

we hve some feedback already in 3000km. winter traction on ice and snow in -30c way better traction compared to the bfg all terrain

Do they appear to have silica in the compound? I've been wondering if it's worth having a specific winter set of tires on my extra set of wheels. For the time being, I have old stock but new BFG AT Ko which are hardly worn considering the mileage I usually get so I have plenty of time to wait for the new version to get out on the market in my size preference.

For true winter tire I would probably go with either the Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT2 or the Michelin LT winter. Both are E load rated in the only size that will fit my Land Rover LR3, 275/65x18.

the Nokian tire: http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=132512&group=2.01&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+LT2

Michelin: http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/category/winter/ltx-winter/tire-details

May have to keep an eye on this. Running KM2 Mud Terrains now and the four on the cruiser are getting worn down. They'll probably make it thru the annual trek to Moab and then thru the summer, but that's probably about it. Unfortunately, I've got two almost brand new ones on my trailer! I really don't need the aggressive tread pattern of the Mud Terrain.

May have to keep an eye on this. Running KM2 Mud Terrains now and the four on the cruiser are getting worn down. They'll probably make it thru the annual trek to Moab and then thru the summer, but that's probably about it. Unfortunately, I've got two almost brand new ones on my trailer! I really don't need the aggressive tread pattern of the Mud Terrain.

I'm in the same boat. I want and need to get new tires this spring... But am really interested in these new AT's, just don't think I can wait til the fall.

Sent from my iPhone

Bump to the thread.

Ive been looking for new tires, narrowing down the size now AND now looking at different brands. Currently I have BFGs AT and I love them BUT they lack the "flash" that other brands offer. -yes thats shallow-

But now the NEW ATs are coming out -wish I knew -exact day, anyone?- And they look the part with flash and all:
All-New-BFGoodrich-All-Terrain-KO2--2--top-three-quarter.jpg

So my question: Do you guys think the "older-current" model will be discounted? I love them and I will bypass the flash for a discount. Any experience on this from past releases?
Otherwise I think these are all I want, they have the proven ride and now they look "tuff"

I fly into Ensenada in early September for some trail time with the new KO2...I would expect inventory to be available shortly thereafter.

And I would be shocked if they continued to carry both patterns.

I fly into Ensenada in early September for some trail time with the new KO2...I would expect inventory to be available shortly thereafter.

And I would be shocked if they continued to carry both patterns.

Man that sounds awesome! And yes I dont expect for them to keep production of the old. What Im wondering is that -maybe- Tire Rack and the like will discount NOS tires bc the new version is out.
September huh? Just in time!

I tried to get a list of sizes as I too need new shoes but BFG was unable to answer my question. I suppose I understand that but was just curious if they were going to be available in the same sizes as the standard A/T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom