New Arb Fridge Freezer Setting: What do you set yours at? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its not in the manual but if you press the temp + and - buttons at the same time until the readout flashes in adjustment mode, you can calibrate what the actual inside temp is (using a thermometer) to what the digital readout says. It adjusts up and down in 2 degree increments.

Wait! WHAT!? Mine has consisently read about 5 degrees colder than it acutally is. I'm going to try this tonight...

AND...to answer the OP...I currently keep mine at 27-29F. seems to keep things cold, but not frozen. I did get some beer slushies at 27 for aday or two

I keep mine between -4 and -2C if I have meat .. if are just beers and liquids no need to be frozen, just between - 2 and 0 depending on the outside temp ..

29F on my 50QT -- it's cold but not freezing

I set my arb 50qt on 41f low while in me 94 LC, it has arb insulation cover, and it stays 39-42f all day while driving. But I have to admit that I need to install an inverter. It does run intermittently every 2-3 hours on long drives. Better power source will definitely yield better performance.

29* here as well on a 63. However, I think after reading this thread I'm going to bring it inside the house where the exterior temp will be stable and try the calibration noted above.

One suggestion, I use a battery powered fan to circulate the air inside the unit. In my RV I use a couple of them, and it really helps to keep things evenly cooled, and also bring items down to the desired temp faster. They will run for a couple of months on 2 D cells. Just Google RV Fridge fan and you'll find a couple of different options.

Med and 29F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom