New ARB "BASE Rack" Roof Rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From my browsing of their accessories, and I promise this is my last commentary for the night: Compared to Front Runner, their attachments don't appear to be as securable. Jerry Cans are strapped down by ratchet straps, as is the propane tank holder. On the Front Runner, and others, you're able to add a padlock so that you can eat your "Moons Over My Hammy" in peace, knowing someone won't cut the strap off your Jerry can in the parking lot, and walk off with your 5 gal security blanket.
BASERack_JerryCanHolder_Gallery1_1076x606-1076x480.png
BASERack_JerryCanHolder_Gallery_4_1076x606-1076x480.png

Always good to see new options. I like the idea of welded cross members. However, I change my cross bar locations regularly, depending on my load out for specific season or trip. I'd hate to have to buy proprietary mounts or adapters for the fixed rails. This may be a great option depending on personal application. For me, I am happy with the Prinsu.

I'm questioning the use of fabric type straps for the gas bottle. Isn't there a Fed regulation requiring a metal band/strap to secure them?

I'm questioning the use of fabric type straps for the gas bottle. Isn't there a Fed regulation requiring a metal band/strap to secure them?
I don’t know the regs but I’d like to see an option with a lockable metal strap

That said, if you have a Front Runner or similar with the lockable metal, you could get the T-slot adapter and call it a day.

Gary at Mudrak says he has a couple coming in and will give me his thoughts then.

sub’d

Does anyone have a preferred ARB dealer that can keep a eye on when these can be ordered?

Can anyone ballpark msrp for:

• 200 fit kit legs
  • 200 3/4 length base rack (from rear to about sunroof)
  • 200 series base rack full length (from rear covering sunroof)
thanks

Has anyone installed one of these racks? Really considering between this, Eezi awn, or trying to get a Dissent. Each have so many pros and cons I cant seem to make up my mind. I have eliminated all the other popular options and have my final three while I appreciate alternative suggestions they are unnecessary. Thoughts?

Has anyone installed one of these racks? Really considering between this, Eezi awn, or trying to get a Dissent. Each have so many pros and cons I cant seem to make up my mind. I have eliminated all the other popular options and have my final three while I appreciate alternative suggestions they are unnecessary. Thoughts?
I don't think the ARB base rack is available yet in the US. I want to buy one but every website that has them is in Australia.

On a side note, the website mentions a blade mount being required for the LC200, but the application guide doesn't show a separate mounting kit. It shows a mounting kit being included with the base rack kit, but I want to make sure that is the actual vehicle specific mounting kit.

I don't think the ARB base rack is available yet in the US. I want to buy one but every website that has them is in Australia.

On a side note, the website mentions a blade mount being required for the LC200, but the application guide doesn't show a separate mounting kit. It shows a mounting kit being included with the base rack kit, but I want to make sure that is the actual vehicle specific mounting kit.
Pretty sure Main Line Overland has them. I am leaning heavily this way just looking for a review.

My supplier, Mudrak in Sonoma, California, said he couldn't get any of the mounts yet! I'm holding out for one vs the Front Runner. No hit on FR, I just want to try something different and like the idea of welded crossbeams

Spoke to ARB USA last week they said they are waiting on the mounts for the racks and USA should have them some time next year. I then pressed a bit to which they replied closer to Easter than Xmas 😉. If you subscribe to their email list you will be notified at the same time as wholesalers
HTH

Spoke to ARB USA last week they said they are waiting on the mounts for the racks and USA should have them some time next year. I then pressed a bit to which they replied closer to Easter than Xmas 😉. If you subscribe to their email list you will be notified at the same time as wholesalers
HTH

Will be very curious to see how tall the mount stands off of the roof...what the over-all height is.

I would have a FR rack if they still produced the shorter mounts....but they wanna sell you tables that fit under it, so no joy.

Low profile is what I’ve always wished for. Prinsu is lower than FR, and I’m pretty happy with it...but still not ideal for other reasons.

If this rack had been out last summer (assuming low mounts) I’d have been on it.

Last edited:
My supplier, Mudrak in Sonoma, California, said he couldn't get any of the mounts yet! I'm holding out for one vs the Front Runner. No hit on FR, I just want to try something different and like the idea of welded crossbeams
I’m not sure which mounts you were looking for, but I placed my order on Monday including eye bolt mounts, recovery track mounts, and t-slot adapter mounts. All were in stock at ARB in Washington (and should be on their way to me). However, the Base Rack itself is not currently in stock.

Does anyone have a preferred ARB dealer that can keep a eye on when these can be ordered?

ARB has their East Coast distribution center in JAX, and you can call them and then get youe order through like 4WP in St. Augustine, or they have some distribution in Orlando also. Call ARB in JAX for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom