new 60 = new questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 83 green with tan interior 60. I am swapping parts out of my rolled blue one into the new one.

I am going to attemp to swap the interior. So far i have 70% stripped out of the blue 60. I am haveing a hang up on the door panels. How do i take the windo cranks off so i can get the panel off?

I posted a week or so ago about the rear hatch shocks. I still cant get them off. The bolts/mounting pieces are stripp ed i cant loosen them. Any suggestions??

The horn and wipers also have problems. The horn works sometimes but not all the time. The wipers work but i cant stop them, so i have to pull the fuse to turn them off. I thinks its a short some where. ????

thanks

Kyle

i am no expert on interiors (or anything else for that matter) but there is a tool you can find most any auto parts supplier that pushes the clamp out from behind the window crank. its cheap. can do it with a couple flat heads too but its a pain. the wiper problem sounds like a switch problem( again no expert), the horn maybe a short, and the rear hatch shock nuts either a pair of vice grips or a sawzall and a new set. hth just where id start as an amateur... hopefully someone who knows will chime in. GL :beer:

To get the handles off you just have to slide a cloth under the interface between the handle and the panel (from the side with the knob on it) and the snap ring will release then you can get the handle off. I had to do it many times to service a sticky window regulator on my first 60.

I have the official tool to remove the snap ring, and have also used a rag. But, I've found that the easiest way (for me anyway) is to use a wire hook. I piece of stiff wire, with a short radius hook bent into one end. Slip the hook into the snap ring and pull the ring off of the handle. Really easy.

not sure if i fully understand the shop rag thing, but ill give it a shot.

The horn has a spring loaded connection between the steering wheel and the coulmn. Horn problems usually are from a dirty or corroded horn ring. If you remove the steering wheel you will easilybe able to id the parts mentioned. clean them up with a scotch brite pade and you should be fine.

Stripped hatch shocks: time for the sawzall and buy some new ones from Reid supply (under $40.00 for the pair!)

Window cranks: I have allays used a dental hook (small sharp hook tool) a wire hanger bent into a hook will work, push the panel in and you will see the clip. The roller side of the handle should be facing the ground.

Good luck

Dynosoar

Dynosoar said:
Stripped hatch shocks: time for the sawzall and buy some new ones from Reid supply (under $40.00 for the pair!)

Dynosoar

got a link??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom