New 200 owner - What preventative things to do while it is still brand new? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Take your 200 to Line-X and have them spray it underneath. They do undercoating now and they will also treat inside the frame through the OEM holes. Had mine done and it still looks new. FYI- it smells for a few days afterwards.

Take your 200 to Line-X and have them spray it underneath. They do undercoating now and they will also treat inside the frame through the OEM holes. Had mine done and it still looks new. FYI- it smells for a few days afterwards.
What do they spray it with?

What do they spray it with?
They spray it with a rubberized fluid so it’s flexible and resistant to abrasion. Then they blow in a cavity wax through the frame channels. It comes with a 7yr guarantee from Line-X. I looked underneath and it’s pretty nice. However, it’s best to do this when no rust is present. Since I had a little rust in my welds, it stayed overnight so they could use a rust converter first.

They spray it with a rubberized fluid so it’s flexible and resistant to abrasion. Then they blow in a cavity wax through the frame channels. It comes with a 7yr guarantee from Line-X. I looked underneath and it’s pretty nice. However, it’s best to do this when no rust is present. Since I had a little rust in my welds, it stayed overnight so they could use a rust converter first.
That sounds like a terrible idea to be honest. Great way for corrosion cells to form underneath the protective layer, which is bound to happen, and cause crevice corrosion which degraded metal at a higher rate than surface rust.

You want an O2 barrier installed (fluid film), not a rigid coating that came encapsulates and can trap water.

Still looking good

B47C0578-C674-4D84-90E3-ABC709D0671B.jpeg

That sounds like a terrible idea to be honest. Great way for corrosion cells to form underneath the protective layer, which is bound to happen, and cause crevice corrosion which degraded metal at a higher rate than surface rust.

You want an O2 barrier installed (fluid film), not a rigid coating that came encapsulates and can trap water.

I should have not used the word rubber. It’s a wax-based sealant.

I assume by PPF you mean the precut 3M wrap material. That came from ebay -however they don’t show the pro version at this time

I should have not used the word rubber. It’s a wax-based sealant.
Wax is better, but nothing is better that oil based rustproofing that creeps. Yes, requires reapplication, but gets to places where wax won't. I like Corrosion Free over Fluid Film.

Here is what I did on my 2021 Heritage. Noxudol cavity wax and undercoating. Swedish product Toyota approved followed by IGL ceramic paint coating. Very happy with the results.

The high cost of ceramic coating isn't so much the coating as it is the paint correction and prep. I can tell you from personal experience that a new 21 will need major paint correction from factory before the coating. Do not coat unless you have corrected the paint or it's a waste of money.

The high cost of ceramic coating isn't so much the coating as it is the paint correction and prep. I can tell you from personal experience that a new 21 will need major paint correction from factory before the coating. Do not coat unless you have corrected the paint or it's a waste of money.
Can you elaborate on this? What exactly is paint correction?

I understand, when I went to pick this one up, I ended up at the dealer’s body shop for half a day having the hood and one fender buffed out. It was delivered to them during the ice storm and some of the white protective plastic sheeting had been flapping against them while it was on the delivery truck

There are a LOT of imperfections from factory, from really every manufacturer. Paint is automated now and just doesn't do as good a job as a nice custom paint job from an expert. Swirls, micro scratches, uneven areas, foggy clearcoat, etc. My truck was night and day difference as well as my friends Ferrari F8. You'd think with only 800 miles and a Ferrari that it would be perfect, not even close. I'm not the expert for sure, but when my guy showed me the errors I was blown away. Here is his facebook page that you can check out all of his before and afters.

It took a good day and half of clay bar, buffing, and other stuff I forgot lol. I let the expert do his thing and it was well worth it, at least for me. The best before and after pics he has are the King Ranch, just nuts the stuff he can do.

There are a LOT of imperfections from factory, from really every manufacturer. Paint is automated now and just doesn't do as good a job as a nice custom paint job from an expert. Swirls, micro scratches, uneven areas, foggy clearcoat, etc. My truck was night and day difference as well as my friends Ferrari F8. You'd think with only 800 miles and a Ferrari that it would be perfect, not even close. I'm not the expert for sure, but when my guy showed me the errors I was blown away. Here is his facebook page that you can check out all of his before and afters.

It took a good day and half of clay bar, buffing, and other stuff I forgot lol. I let the expert do his thing and it was well worth it, at least for me. The best before and after pics he has are the King Ranch, just nuts the stuff he can do.
What was the price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom