New 1996 GXL (LSJ80) owner saying g'day! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_3799.jpg

Greetings! I've wanted an 80 series LC since I was in high school (mid-90s). Finally found this 1996 GXL semi-locally and picked her up yesterday. Has an LS3 / 4L80E upgrade and she sounds amazing. Very clean for it's age (I think) so I'm stoked! My plan is to keep her as a 'sleeper' type, as stock as I can aesthetically, but with some creature comforts on the inside, some upgraded suspension to make her feel a little more nimble/modern. There are a few small "non-issue" issues that need addressing before she can get her roadworthy certificate (Victoria, Australia) but the pre-inspection 4x4 mechanic told me if I wasn't buying this car he definitely would. A good sign I hope :)

I'm not much of a 'car guy' particularly when it comes to the mechanics side of things, so I've signed up to the forums to learn as much as I can. Looking forward to the journey!

Cheers from Oz!

LS'd for 10 years now in mine, fully engineered, have not put a spanner on it in 10 years. Except for replacing some ider pulley bearings :)
Where in Vic ?

LS'd for 10 years now in mine, fully engineered, have not put a spanner on it in 10 years. Except for replacing some ider pulley bearings :)
Where in Vic ?
Hey! This LS has been running since 2018 and seems pretty good in the limited amount I've driven it. Previous owner had it tuned and has the transmission hooked up to a CompuShift II unit (which I know absolutely zero about) where he tuned the gear changes further.

Bought it from Kangaroo Ground, it now resides on the Mornington Peninsula :)

Last edited:
Hey Thanks for the tip. Will look into Central 4WD Centre on the next thing I'm too scared to tackle myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom