“New” 100 Conundrum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Offer him $2800, clean it good and sell it for $5000

I didn’t take any. I was surprised how relatively clean it was under there. But Carfax shows it started it’s life in Hollywood…then Aspen. I don’t think they use salt or mag chloride there. Then it landed in Denver.

Aspen uses salt/sand and for years used mag chloride but I think they stopped it around 2000 because it's on the slope and was running off into streams and just not that effective. I-70 and the arteries to it from Aspen do use mag chloride - lots of it along with sand. They use lots of salt/mag on the front range; but Denver overall is a lot dryer in the winter so I wouldn't be looking for rust damage because I vehicle had lived there.

None of the places you've mentioned would concern me too much. I'd also think that a vehicle in Aspen is being used as a ski vehicle out of a seasonal residence most likely.

I'd see if you can do the "Toyota Owner Portal Hack" where you take the VIN and put it into the owners portal and then look for maintenance. I have found a lot of maintenance on vehicles buried that way as its in Toyota's system but not shared to Carfax etc. Bighorn Toyota is the closest dealer to Aspen and where a lot of people bring them.

Aspen uses salt/sand and for years used mag chloride but I think they stopped it around 2000 because it's on the slope and was running off into streams and just not that effective. I-70 and the arteries to it from Aspen do use mag chloride - lots of it along with sand. They use lots of salt/mag on the front range; but Denver overall is a lot dryer in the winter so I wouldn't be looking for rust damage because I vehicle had lived there.

None of the places you've mentioned would concern me too much. I'd also think that a vehicle in Aspen is being used as a ski vehicle out of a seasonal residence most likely.

I'd see if you can do the "Toyota Owner Portal Hack" where you take the VIN and put it into the owners portal and then look for maintenance. I have found a lot of maintenance on vehicles buried that way as its in Toyota's system but not shared to Carfax etc. Bighorn Toyota is the closest dealer to Aspen and where a lot of people bring them.
I’ve already moved on and told the owner as he has a couple of other potential buyers lined up.

Going to look at a 2-owner 2000 with 230k, new tires, seat covers, and timing belt. Lady said she used it to haul her dogs to the dog park. She mentioned she was pretty sure it has 4wd…😂

She was super nice and upfront about the issues she thought it had, but sounds like a solid rig within range of what I want to spend. Been for sale for over 1/2 a month…

My 80 lived 95% of its life (350k miles worth) in Vail/Aspen/Breck. Zero rust.

3296172D-6643-4165-B9FC-2A480B7D6D7C.jpeg

Any pics? It’s gotta be coated in something not to be showing rust if there is body rust like that. That kinda rear hatch rust and rear quarter rust doesn’t happen with a clean underside. That rear quarter goes deep underneath and you’ll find a whole section rotted out is my guess. Had a truck like this and sold it because it was a disaster. Impossible to turn any bolts on.
Not true. The hatch is rusted, mostly likely a leak from the 3rd brake light (or screw holes from missing deflector) The rear quarter panel is rusted because it took a minor hit (bumper and body is creased) and the paint was chipped and thus rust.

It’s all moot now…cause I bought the one owned by the lady that said she never used the 4wd!

Very well maintained, BRAND new Yokohama Geolanders (not what I would’ve chosen, but hey…) no rips in any seats, 3rd row seats, etc. Clean as a chicken bone on Sunday. She’s delivering groceries to some senior citizens and I’m riding with her.

I guess I can sit next to you when you pee every morning @MongooseGA !

It’s all moot now…cause I bought the one owned by the lady that said she never used the 4wd!

Very well maintained, BRAND new Yokohama Geolanders (not what I would’ve chosen, but hey…) no rips in any seats, 3rd row seats, etc. Clean as a chicken bone on Sunday. She’s delivering groceries to some senior citizens and I’m riding with her.

I guess I can sit next to you when you pee every morning @MongooseGA !
I only have one bidet in the master but there's another in the hall bath. You're welcome to that one.

Congrats dude.

I only have one bidet in the master but there's another in the hall bath. You're welcome to that one.

Congrats dude.
Bidet?? That’s some epicurean s*** right there! I’ll be taking you up on that…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom