SOLD Nevada 2000 100 series loaded with goodies listed on copart. What up with that ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
6b005ed8-1d54-4c25-889e-a8c9d69979b0 (1).jpg
https://www.copart.com/lot/55032000/salvage-2000-toyota-land-cruiser-nv-las-vegas

Last edited:
HE's on a camping trip right now, so it may be a few days. In one of the pics on Copart, the key was wrapped around the steering column on a zip tie. So either it got stolen or copart has it somewhere.
It sold for roughly $13,200 in the live auction, I tried to go to $13,500 but bid wouldnt go through. There was someone for Oregon bidding against me I believe they got it. The $12,000 was all pre bidding adn the start of the live bidding today.

It sold for roughly $13,200 in the live auction, I tried to go to $13,500 but bid wouldnt go through. There was someone for Oregon bidding against me I believe they got it. The $12,000 was all pre bidding adn the start of the live bidding today.
Abetterbid the broker i went through, sent me an invoice for my "winning bid" at midnight 10 hours after my bids (after getting 0 confiramtion on anything even when i called to ask). I also called Copart/Auction yard yesterday and they acted like I didnt win, and said it sold for less than i tried to bid.

I couldnt be more confused. The most mysterious car to ever show up on Copart, is just adding to its mystique. Sadly I dont think i will have any clue if i won it or not until Monday, and am simultaneously getting threats about late payment penalties from a better bid

HE's on a camping trip right now, so it may be a few days. In one of the pics on Copart, the key was wrapped around the steering column on a zip tie.
Abetterbid the broker i went through, sent me an invoice for my "winning bid" at midnight 10 hours after my bids (after getting 0 confiramtion on anything even when i called to ask). I also called Copart/Auction yard yesterday and they acted like I didnt win, and said it sold for less than i tried to bid.

I couldnt be more confused. The most mysterious car to ever show up on Copart, is just adding to its mystique. Sadly I dont think i will have any clue if i won it or not until Monday, and am simultaneously getting threats about late payment penalties from a better bid
Odd sounds fishy did you have to make a deposit with the broker before you were allowed to bid?

Yes.
And waitied 126 cars into the life auctinon for it to come up. The auction started at $12,000 as evidenltly that was the highest preliminary bid. There was a bidder from Oregon, and my bid through abetterbid was showing up through Florida. Went back and forth a dozen times, sure looked like I had the last and highest bid. Confetti came down, but there was no confrimatino of the bid winning anywhere. I called them and said wait an hour after the auction, 3 hours lateer I called the broker (abetterbid) and Auctionyard. Broker (abetterbid) closed early for thanksgiving, auction yard couldnt see who won since a lot of bids are through a broker, but asked my price and email, and i gave both high bid and my email, and they said I did not win. I asked the winning amount and they wouldnt tell me, but confirmed it was lower than $13,500.

I was bummed, drank a few whiskeys, went to bed, and woke up to a invoice that came at midnight for $14k with auction fees for my "winning bid".
No one is open today to answer any calls. And I am being told I am getiting a $50 late payment penalty from broker. But clearly i am not sending anyone a dime, until i can get some kind of a straight answer.

More weird and yes don't send another Nickel.
Strange. My brother had something super similar happen. Same winning bid notice and everything. I’ll let him chime in.
Winning bid notice from a broker or directly from copart.

Last edited:
It doesn’t make any sense to me either. I got an invoice from my broker for the $12,000, but haven’t heard anything likely due to the holiday. Maybe there will be more news tomorrow.

It doesn’t make any sense to me either. I got an invoice from my broker for the $12,000, but haven’t heard anything likely due to the holiday. Maybe there will be more news tomorrow.
What a debacle, happy for you to get it for $12. My thought was under $10k this was a steal, $12k it was a deal, up to $14k it a worthwhile gamble.

I have a similar mentality anything above $12k, I’d be in it about $15.5k after auction fees, sales tax and registration. And you haven’t addressed any repairs or deferred maintenance it might need. And it would still have a salvage title for me in Nevada.

Whatever happens it was a nice cruiser and hopefully whoever gets it enjoys it.

I’ll keep everyone posted on my end.

I got a call yesterday from my broker who wasn’t sure my bid at $12k was valid. They couldn’t provide any more details about what the winning bid was because they called at 3:45 yesterday and when I asked what the winning bid was they said they’d have to call the yard on Monday.
Basically it was a waste of time and didn’t provide any info. More to come Monday most likely.

I got a call yesterday from my broker who wasn’t sure my bid at $12k was valid. They couldn’t provide any more details about what the winning bid was because they called at 3:45 yesterday and when I asked what the winning bid was they said they’d have to call the yard on Monday.
Basically it was a waste of time and didn’t provide any info. More to come Monday most likely.
I got it for the $13,500 bid I couldn’t figure out if it went through or not. It will be condolences or congrats when it gets here at the end of next week.

If it’s a good one Matt, I’ll get your drinks next time I’m in Vegas

OliverLC if it doesn’t go to me for whatever reason, I hope it ends up in your hands. At least that would keep the story alive on Mud. It be a bummer to have it go to a stranger and we never hear about it again.

I didn’t look at the LX when I was out there, but if I’m up there on Monday I’m happy to take a look. It’s been on my watch list.

As a conscientious objector, you both will have valid reasons to be pissed when the dust settles. Aside from my absolute disgust for having to use brokers for ANYTHING, this is another prime example if ineptitude. I genuinely wish you both the best and hope that things a cherry and not a total sheet show.

yeah i made sure copart could confirm what broker got the car, and the amount. It is insane Wednesday afternoon I was 99% sure I won, then Wednesday night I was 99% sure I lost it, then Thursday I was 50/50, and just late yesterday I got in contact with both. I will start a thread when i get it,. Of course they say there is no key. I have already been in contact with @Mauser who is a life saver. I sent a moderately hostile email telling them there are pictures of the key from 9 days ago, but slim chance it appears.

yeah i made sure copart could confirm what broker got the car, and the amount. It is insane Wednesday afternoon I was 99% sure I won, then Wednesday night I was 99% sure I lost it, then Thursday I was 50/50, and just late yesterday I got in contact with both. I will start a thread when i get it,. Of course they say there is no key. I have already been in contact with @Mauser who is a life saver. I sent a moderately hostile email telling them there are pictures of the key from 9 days ago, but slim chance it appears.

Congrats sounds like you have more info than my broker could provide. My max was $13,250 so makes sense you’d win the bid at $13,500.

I’ll just be curious to hear what my broker says on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom