Need wheel help!!!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by CreeperSleeper, Jul 5, 2005.

1. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper SILVER Star

Okay, here is the deal. I have a stock 80 that is in desperate need of bigger tires. My plan was to put 33x12.50R16 Trxus' on the stock wheels, but my buddy wants to buy my tires and wheels to put on his Trooper.

Now I also have a set of 16x10 black Rock Crawlers. Could I run these tires on the steel wheels and be okay clearance wise? I don't care if they rub a little bit, but I want to wait a bit before I loose my flares.

2. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

that would depend on the specs of the wheel, backspacing and all, I imagine ...

3. CreeperSleeper

I realize that. The wheels are in a storage unit or else I would have measured them last night. Is there a backspacing that would work with stock suspension and 33s?

4. CreeperSleeper

Come on, someone has to know this... If the stock wheel is 8" wide with a ET of 4.5", then a 10" wide wheel with 5.5" is comparable, right?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  5. CreeperSleeper

Okay, the 16x10s are a 4.5" backspacing. So the tire should sit in the same spot as a stock wheel with a 1" spacer... will a 305/70R16 fit on a stock rig with these wheels?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.